Thread: My story with Bradington Young Sofa

Default My story with Bradington Young Sofa

*I can tell this story now that it has a happy ending but for the last 2 years, I just couldn't bring myself up to even think about it*

Few years ago, I was in the market for a couch. I spent weeks trying to find a perfect model. At the time, I had 1 requirement - it had to be 31" or lower as the only place it was for had A/C in window. It was hard to find, but finally I found a brandinton-young austin sofa. The problem is, online color is the very worst eve and no one could imagine the color I picked... I called Duane and arranged the order and few month later it came. And, it didn't fit through the stairs - I had nowhere to store it, so I had them pick it up on the spot and drive p to maine and then back to NC while I tried to find what to do with it. Duane said at the time that, he was willing to have it sit in his store to sell up to 6 month but I needed to drop the price, because according to him it wasn't the type he would usually sell in store. He basically said, that chances of this selling is non-existent, but he took pity on me to try. I work in the buying/selling industry and this was slightly shocking to me: 1. no returns, 2. almost no chance of selling it (apparently style I picked fits the 'only a mother can love' situation), 3. needs a large price drop for a new unit.

I was in the state of shock for a while while couch traveled across the USA (took almost 2 weeks to go up to maine and back to NC). I tried to sell it locally for few weeks, ebay and asked friends if they even wanted - they all saw that atrocious picture and declined (it my shock, I never took nice pics of the color I picked). Finally, I was able to get a fabric sample I chose and mailed it to a co-worker, who said she'll store it for me. I had no other choices whatsoever, so we agreed that she will store it for me and if she wants to buy, ill charge her 50% of the price + she pays for delivery. She agreed, and it stayed in her office for about 18 month. She is quite a nitfreak and put 2 heavy duty blankets on it + kept everyone off it. And, she found the sofa to be very very uncomfortable (she claimed it was too dense/not soft). All of those helped sofa sit in the house with 2 small kids for 18month and not used more than few times.

This last summer I finally moved and she offered me the couch back. I, of course, jumped at the opportunity. She got it back here and movers get in in fallway and it does not go through the main door. We have piping in the hallway and sofa simply would break them first. I was heard broken and just devastated, again. She said to me, "let's move everything in and then try again, because this sucker is not going back with me'. Sigh and we did.... this time we took front doors down and with very extra push we got it in and last 6" buckled piped good 2". But, pipes didn't break!!!

So, we got the couch in and it's likely is never going to come back out!

What do I think of the couch? I love it. it's not overly soft and very supportive. Cushions looks to be goose down. Very comfy, quite large and just very good. I even nap on it now and really enjoy it because I can stretch and still have space.

Default Re: My story with Bradington Young Sofa

Can you take a photo? I'm very curious about the color....

Default Re: My story with Bradington Young Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    Can you take a photo? I'm very curious about the color....
    here is how it looks. i tried to make it with contrast to rug. hopefully it comes out well. color seems to be true, perhaps little darker...