A lot of time people are terribly confused about pull-up hides, they don't understand them and will say "I don't want a leather that scratches". That's a sure sign of someone that is new to leather, because one of the coolest leathers you can buy is nice Italian pull-up. The term pull-up refers to a color burst (lighter) when pressure is applied to the hide. If you take your fingernail and scratch the leather...what is that but pressure? Truth be told, people in the business like myself buy pull-ups for their own home, people new to leather do not. However, they look better with time and are always changing, and in 10 years will look WAY better than that painted (protected) leather most people feel they have to buy.

Nothing like a pure aniline....

So here's this # 072 Campaign Ottoman from Hancock and Moore. I brought it new into the store in May 2012 and it looked like this new out of the box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C3.jpg 
Views:	807 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	7904

I used it to put all the H&M leather swatch rings atop. It did utility duty in the store and was constantly being handled and abused, in fact this was the single most used piece in the store. After 2 1/2 years of duty in the store, I decided it needed to go to my house in my great room, now it was broken in properly and looks 'just right'. This is the same ottoman. See the markings? Perfect...this is what you want your pull-ups to look like. And it will just get better and better as the years go by.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3090.jpg 
Views:	884 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	7905

Not your look? That's OK, I wouldn't expect you to like a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon the first time you took a sip of wine, either..