Thread: Which H&M ottoman??

Jake8 Guest

Default Which H&M ottoman??

We are planning to buy 2 new sofas to replace our tired ones and are looking at the H&M Martini sofa. We would also like to get an ottoman but we're not sure which one. There are a gazillion choices! We don't want anything too big so that narrows it down just a tad. The seat height on that sofa is 18.5. Do we look for one with the same height? What about the feet.... I'm thinking they should be similar. Right? OK, then color.... we'd like to do Mesquite Saddle for the sofas. I'm leaning towards a different color for the ottoman. We have a lot of blue in our house, there is navy in the area rug.... how would a navy ottoman look? I'd attach a picture, but I don't know how.

Default Re: Which H&M ottoman??

Are the two sofas going to be facing one another and 'share' the ottoman as a usable footrest? Or will they be a 90 degrees to one another? Ottomans that you actually want to use as a footrest generally work best with about a 2" drop from the seat height of the sofa/chair. If the ottoman is the same height - then you legs stick straight out as they do on a chaise and its not real comfortable for many. You legs tend to get restless and 'fall asleep'. Not everyone experiences this of course, but when I buy ottomans for myself I tend to even like them lower than that, more boot stool height.

I don't think an ottoman has to have matching feet, or leather necessarily. I have (2) cocktail ottomans in my home and one boot stool and none of them match the sofas/chairs they are used with. The key is to coordinate them rather than match them. I'm at a disadvantage not seeing your room layout and spatial proportion, but just off hand if I had a pair of Martini sofas and they were facing each other with an ottoman to share - depending on the space I might consider on of these:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...torage-Ottoman

For a larger ottoman, more square its pretty hard to beat the 072 Campaign, and it would even look good in the dark brown Tuscany T&C hide with Mesquite Saddle.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Jake8 Guest

More than likely, the sofas will be at a 90 and the ottoman will not be something that will be shared. I don't want anything too large. I was looking at the Ashmore Boot Stool. It is only 13" high though so not sure with the sofa being 18.5" high. I don't want anything too short. About 16-17 high would probably be better.

A boot stool is great for a chair, pretty small for a sofa...
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.