Thread: Need help choosing H&M sofa frame

Jake8 Guest

Default Need help choosing H&M sofa frame

My husband and I recently built a new house and moved from where we had lived for the past 30-some years. Our new house will be our last and we plan to retire soon. We are planning now to replace our 16 year old Bradington Young leather sofas and would like to go with Hancock & Moore. We do not live anywhere close enough to furniture stores which carry H&M, so plan to order through Duane. Soon. Hopefully. We are so close to making up our mind.

We have gotten a lot of good advice here so far about leathers, and are thinking about Mesquite Saddle. Now we need to make a decision about the frame. Our house is very casual and we slouch around daily on our current sofas. They are very deep and comfortable, but are looking pretty bad and need to be replaced. We usually end up most evenings laying on them, him on one and me on the other. We have poured over the H&M website looking at the frames trying to decide which would suit us best, but not being able to try any of these, we are a bit stumped. This is what we are considering:

#1944 Bradley
    #1283 Campaign
    #5736 Martini
    #6079 Maxwell
    #5590 Yosemite
    #5798 Saddle

I realize that what is comfortable to one person may not be to another. We are average sized people, me 5'3'', him 6'. We prefer a fairly deep, slouchy sofa. We are trying to avoid doing big rolled arms again. Can anyone please help with their thoughts about the above frames, or suggest something else? Please help us make a decision!

Default Re: Need help choosing H&M sofa frame

#1944 Bradley: good, solid sofa that is conservative in design, been in the line a very long time. Classic English Arm style
    #1283 Campaign: these sit well, but I have to say I find the styling on them plain and rather uninspiring. A boxy looking piece.
    #5736 Martini: Now you're having fun! Lots of sass on this one, and flair. Looks even better in person. Perfect for Mesquite leather.
    #6079 Maxwell: A new sofa rolled out at Spring 2015 Market, I have not seen one. Decent design on it...
    #5590 Yosemite: You have to like the firmness of a tight back, this will sit differently from the others.
    #5798 Saddle: Trendy, will be out of style WAY - WAY before its used up. You will tire of this form factor. Pass.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Jake8 Guest

OK, so lets scratch the Yosemite, we are used to a pretty cushy sit with what we have now. A tight back might not cut it.
    You're right about the Campaign.... it's boring. Scratch it too.
    The Saddle...... scratch it too. I like it, but it is pretty trendy.
    That leaves us with Bradley, Martini, and Maxwell.
    If the Saddle is trendy, do you think the Martini is too? I really like the Martini.
    The Maxwell is like a jazzed-up Campaign. I do like it.
    We like the Bradley too.
    We are wondering which will give us that deep cushy kinda sink in feel?

You will get that with the cover choice and ultra down cushions. Leathers such as Capri and Arizona are much more cushy than Mequite and burnished hides.
    Duane Collie

Jake8 Guest

Duane,
    I was looking at your you tube video of the new H&M leathers and am curious about the Prairie leather, particularly the Prairie Carmel and Prairie Chestnut. What do you think of it? Is it an aniline? What country does it originate from? Price class? Thoughts? When will samples be available?
    Thanks

Jake8 Guest

Any thoughts on the new Prairie leather Duane? Are samples available yet?

I like the Prairie series, its thicker cut, pure aniline GR 2 and has a nice hand to it, medium sheen. Samples might be available - won't be mainstream for another month or two. I have a set in my store. We can always order and see if they arrive to you.
    Duane Collie

Jake8 Guest

That would be great Duane. Thanks. We had been pretty set on Mesquite Saddle but I watched your you tube video of the new leathers and the Prairie looked interesting. I will send you an email with mailing info.