Thread: Dylan Set from Flexsteel

terry Guest

Default Dylan Set from Flexsteel

Hello , I'am new to this so please bare with me! I live in Houston ,Texas have 2 sons that are both over 6' 5'',two dogs that are just as big ,and a husband that thinks his job is to occupy his chair so long as he is home so, eating, napping ,and wathing tv,also our niece thinks she also has to set in the chair with her uncle bone for all the same activities. I was looking at some flexsteel products and some of Hancock and Moore products ,especially the Dylan set with the recliner. can anyone comment an this set ?also is this 100% USA.

Hi Terry,

I moved your post to this forum as its more appropriate here. Hope that's OK.

Flexsteel Dylan series is part of their Latitudes Collection and is 100% made in China. Quality is poor in my opinion, I would not own it. You should look at it in person before you buy and while the cover is not bad, and its sewn nicely, the recline angles seem very steep on the footrests and the back leather is covered over a 1/4" piece of foam attached to what we call 'poster board' (like the kids use in school for their projects). With that big crew you have at your house, I'd want something more durable.

There's a LOT of difference between Flexsteel Lattitudes and Hancock and Moore. So much so they are not really competitive products and more like comparing a Seiko watch to a Rolex. H&M will be 2x as expensive - or more, but its also twice the furniture product.

With the size of your gang, in H&M, I'd be looking at the Austin High Back series, they need the height on the back of the piece to accommodating their 6'5" frames. Use non-motion for the sofa/sectional and put an ottoman in front of that piece, and look at the 2038 Tilt Bacl chair w/ottoman for your husband.

If H&M is too pricey, Bradington Young will be about 20% less in price and is still strong, sturdy furniture.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

ckdc Guest

I'd suggest trading in the husband and niece for a new set immediately.

terry Guest

thank you ,I'll be going downtown today. the salesman John also stated that I might want to look at the september series, How would this hold up?

September will hold up just fine, but it has a 38" back height at the tallest point of the center arc (about 36" on the low areas to each side). The Austin High back is 41" all across the piece, and your 6'5" boys will like the way that feels much better than the shorter height pieces. If you buy the H&M Austin High Back Series, they are available in the Town and Country collection (Three leathers to choose from) and that will get you much closer to the Flexsteel price but with H&M USA-made quality.

The Journey series is not as tall as the Austin, but is higher backed than the September. Worth a look there, too.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.