Thread: Hancock and Moore # 1049 Luxe Recliner in Caress White

Default Hancock and Moore # 1049 Luxe Recliner in Caress White

"A" Nail, Walnut Finish. This is REALLY white! I put on brand new gloves when handling it to pack it on the truck for delivery to the customer...

Sorry, I did not try this out like I do most of them, I did not want to take a change on soiling it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0001.jpg 
Views:	529 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	7988Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0002.jpg 
Views:	524 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	7989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0003.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	7990Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0004.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	7991Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0005.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	7992
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock and Moore # 1049 Luxe Recliner in Caress White

Hello Everyone,
    I've learned so much about leather and furniture from this highly informative forum. I really appreciate all the photos and experience.

I'm in the process of purchasing two H&M Luxe Recliners from Duane. I love the style although, it's quite modern for my living room design I think it will blend just fine with the rest of the room. I also choose these recliners because I need a small one as the living room is small.

In choosing the leather I find I like the colors in the protected leather yet, I would rather get the unprotected leather preferably the Capri. The problem is the colors of the unprotected really don't work. I'm leaning towards the Weston Sand as I need a light neutral color. I'm just concerned that although I "get the pull up look". I just think it will eventually look to casual for this chair. My living room is anything but casual..

Does anyone have this recliner or Weston Sand leather ? I really would appreciate any input.

Best regards
    D

The reason is, have you ever tried to dye something that is dark to a light color? Its VERY hard to do, and you almost need an albino cow to work with. A pure aniline like Capri is dying the existing skin of the animal, and its so hard to get a consistent off-white that it will come out with some degree of variegation. Whereas finished leathers are easy - its paint. You can paint white over a darker color and have a nice, even finish. Hence why all those light white / off white leathers are the finished hides.

Weston has a light pull-up effect, but not a dramatic one. It's a quite handsome leather!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

BevoGal Guest

Hi Dmarie! I sent you a message regarding Weston Sand. I am very happy with our choice for our Sundance sectional -- that is A LOT of Weston Sand =) I live in a home with 3 boys and a dog and it has held up very well (I am careful about conditioning it regularly with Leather Magic -- need to order more from Duane!). The best sign is that people are afraid to sit on the sofa -- they treat it like a very nice piece of furniture (which it is!), so it remains elegant and I would not say "too casual" at all. Selecting a beautiful nailhead trim will highlight the leather too. Can't wait to see your chairs!

Very white! I couldn't have that in my house, I would be crazy about keeping it clean and stopping dye transfer from jeans, etc.