Thread: Now that Century owns Hancock and Moore / Jessica Charles

Default Now that Century owns Hancock and Moore / Jessica Charles

Going through the new price books effective Jan 28th for Hancock and Moore and Jessica Charles (yes, there are increases on all including Town and Country promotion) I noticed a change in cross-company use of covers.

About six years ago I pushed very hard to get an interchange between Hancock and Moore, Jessica Charles and Taylor King so that customers could use a material cover from one company and apply it on one of the sister brands. Since these companies all had the same central owners it was easy to convince them do to it. Mostly I wanted to see it happen it as Taylor King has five to six times as many great fabrics as H&M or JC. H&M has the best leathers. This worked out well, and there was no up-charge to do this crossover exchange.

They have expended this further and have added in al Century covers as well as Highland House in the exchange program. So now you can use any cover from one of the five at another company and they have cross grades for it. That includes Hancock & Moore, Jessica Charles, Taylor King, Highland House and Century. This expands your choices considerably.

However I also noticed they now have a transfer fee to do this (before it was done at no charge). and that transfer fee starts at $ 135 for fabrics and is higher for leather. While that's not bad on a large project like a sectional, etc....it pretty well makes doing pillows and such cost-inefficient. Be aware of that fee as it will apply on all covers moving from one company to another.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Now that Century owns Hancock and Moore / Jessica Charles

The fee kind of stinks! This is effective at the end of the month?