Thread: New sofa...

karlos Guest

Talking New sofa...

My kodiak sofa will be here wed. Yea... I think we will play hooky from making 787 airplanes that day, its a good excuse and it will be 80f outside , the sun has finally arrived in seattle were all rusting, especially my rebuilt ankle!!! Can I get hds to move that new crappy lazy boy recliner sofa that is creaking -metal frame, cushions are flat and ripping at the footrests all in 2.5 years... to the kids play room for 40.00 cash its upstairs and its a 5ft wide staircase.I would like to drop it back off at the fancy showroom I bought it at and let them through it away when i leave it in there parking lot!! for 1800.00 I got ripped off. Now I know better do not buy chinese junk. I will post a photo of the new sofa when we get , the color is antelope harness were nervous about it being too orange but the swatches were not that way just the computer H@m photo seemed that. See ya

Good to here, Karl ! I bet the HDS guys will be happy to do that if you flash the cash at 'em. I knew La=Z=Boy is pretty poor quality but I had no idea they had recliners as high as $ 1,800.00 ! I don't even bother going in their stores but in my mind every recliner they had was $ 499.00. Guess I need to swing in there..... You're going to love Antelope Harness. No oranges, more of a soft, brown butternut.

Let me know how it goes, and PLEASE review the unpacking sequence here on the forum for H&M Sofas and have the HDS people unpack your sofa in that manner.
    http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/showthread.php?t=561
    I know you have an extensive toolbox at home, so if you have a # 2 square bit for their cordless driver it will back those screws out way better than that Phillips bit they'll have with them.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions.....and if any problems during delivery call me.....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

karlos Guest

Cool Kodiak

Thanks for the links to unpacking, Should I print these and hand them to the Hds guys, hopefully they wont be annoyed? But I have seen way too many careless subs on my new home who had a great line of bs and then proceeded to screw things up royally, like the plumber who did not fasten securely the shower heads behind the tile in 4 bathrooms, they used that new aquapex pipe. Now I have a expensive fix- and the builder i hired who could not get off his cell phone to check on anyone. And the framer who did not anchor the beams to the footings etc. I had to hire all the finish people his would not show up!! and my custom african maghony cabinets that his subs scratched in 10 places and the builder said its not his fault because i bought them- his subs installed them. I could go on !! Is it worth hiring a lawyer for about 8k in repairs needed. The bldrs bond is 12k . So you see why I am paranoid about subs especially the ones that start off saying they have 25 years experience!!! Wow what a experience a new custom home is. Does anyone else have similiar stories?

Heck yes, I'd print it out and show it to them. Its YOUR sofa, Karl, not theirs! I can't see them refusing to do it, because most the HDS drivers are friendly and accommodating.

Ugh! Bad subs, expensive repairs. Its tough to sue because you have to prove you gave the contractor every attempt to correctly repair the flaws, and need a written paper trail on all of it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.