Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lone Star Nail

Default Lone Star Nail

I thought I knew what nails I wanted until I looked at the selection on the hancock and moore site and saw the lone star nails V and U... love. (We are displaced and very proud born and raised Texans.)

Do these carry an upcharge like the buffalo nails? I would like to put them along the bottom of the lacross sectional.

Are these new/ do you have these actual nails so that I can see an updated photo of a board of all the nails including these so that I can get a better feel for their relative size? I am also wondering if the large U is as big as the buffalo nail...

Default Re: Lone Star Nail

The Hancock and Moore web site has a PDF File that can be downloaded which shows the actual size and selections.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Nailheads

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Resou...heads-2015.pdf

Thank you. Unfortunately, even though I printed the pages as-is, the nails look much bigger than reality... The small / standard nails appear to be what the large ones are in reality. It does give me scale as far as comparing the buffalo, though... The larger U lone star nail looks to be just slightly smaller than the buffalo nail.

If I chose either U or V, I wonder what small nails would complement it for the arms and picture frame back. The lone star nails appear to be gold. I dont see any other brassy/ yellowish gold nails that "might" go with the star other than gilt I nail, and I am not a fan of that much "flash". It is hard to tell in the stock photos, but maybe something that goes with the background of the nail, like black pearl?? The black pearl nail, pictured in post #8 here looks a little silvery, though, and certainly not black like in hancock and moore's photo: http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...cock-and-Moore.

Examining again, I see that the Y callisto, H antiqued, or the aforementioned BP black pearl MIGHT go with the lone star U nail, but gosh I need to see these nails all together :-/.

I'd like to see them together, too! There are no updated nail sample board to be had from Hancock and Moore. They are sending me loose nails of the new styles and I will have to figure out a way to hammer then into my existing nail sample board. Until that time, all you will have is the photos on the H&M website.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Have you considered using a Dremel tool to drill holes that have a slightly smaller diameter than the shaft of H&M nails and then press in the nails?

I used this method to mount a set of enameled logo hat pins for a friend. It was very easy to layout and drill a series of holes in a piece of wood. Once the wood was finished, I pressed in the pins. A few holes needed a touch of glue but between friction and glue, the hat pins stayed in the wood.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I'd like to see them together, too! There are no updated nail sample board to be had from Hancock and Moore. They are sending me loose nails of the new styles and I will have to figure out a way to hammer then into my existing nail sample board. Until that time, all you will have is the photos on the H&M website.
    That would be great when you do. I wonder when you might get them?

I may get the nails next week, not sure how many they will send, hopefully three or four of each of the new ones.

Getting a new nail board from Hancock and Moore is like pulling teeth. They are extremely rare and they don't like to make them up due to the cost involved. Most dealers do not have even one.
    Duane Collie

Not holding my breath for an up to date / complete Nail Board. Love the PDF file though as a way to view size relationships.

New nails arrived today. Not all of them, but Four. I put a piece of Imperial Whiskey Burnished on the back of my nail board and proceeded to hammer these in. And yes, I was trying to get these in a straight line. This is really hard to do! As you can see, will never be a nail trimmer for Hancock and Moore. I have a new respect for the people that can do that....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nails.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	188.0 KB 
ID:	8109
    Duane Collie