Thread: Help with H&M leather sectional

peanutmiracle Guest

Default Help with H&M leather sectional

I have been looking at BY sectionals and I'm now wondering if I should look at H&M and if it would fall within my budget. I need a loveseat (2 seats), wedge, and sofa (3 seats) and would like to keep it well under $10K. I have 2 dogs and 2 kids.

I cannot see an H&M sectional in my area, and have only been able to their City sofa. It is hard for me to buy something that I have not seen or tried out. I have to say I was not impressed and it seemed rather skimpy to me. I prefer the higher back of the Classic Leather Portsmouth, or the 916 Newman BY (in a sofa), or BY's "221" in their "sectional seating by design" group.

Is there another sectional by H&M that you would recommend, since they are apparently the best?

Thanks

P.S. I am trying to replace a Natuzzi sectional that we bought from Macy's over 13 years ago. I have to say it has lasted through multiple dogs and now two kids.

Default Re: Help with H&M leather sectional

I must say if you were happy with the durability of the Natuzzi you will absolutely love Bradington-Young or Hancock and Moore! With regard to the "City" from H&M, the stye typically seen on a showroom floor appears very low and small vs. nearly any other H&M style. I don't mean just a little smaller ...it looks quite a bit smaller. The City is popular because it can be one of the most affordable H&M sofas and there are folks that just don't have a lot of room for something larger. I would just caution anyone from making a judgement about Hancock and Moore leather furniture having only seen the "City". (I like the City, but it is not representative of the overall product line from a 'Size' point of view)

I really have no data to source regarding which H&M sectional would be the most popular, but my guess would be the "Austin". It is very comfortable and there is nothing about this style that would have you saying "...it seemed rather skimpy". I believe in your price range there would be Sectionals available from both B-Y and H&M ...depending on the cover.

peanutmiracle Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wisejd View Post
    I must say if you were happy with the durability of the Natuzzi you will absolutely love Bradington-Young or Hancock and Moore! With regard to the "City" from H&M, the stye typically seen on a showroom floor appears very low and small vs. nearly any other H&M style. I don't mean just a little smaller ...it looks quite a bit smaller. The City is popular because it can be one of the most affordable H&M sofas and there are folks that just don't have a lot of room for something larger. I would just caution anyone from making a judgement about Hancock and Moore leather furniture having only seen the "City". (I like the City, but it is not representative of the overall product line from a 'Size' point of view)

I really have no data to source regarding which H&M sectional would be the most popular, but my guess would be the "Austin". It is very comfortable and there is nothing about this style that would have you saying "...it seemed rather skimpy". I believe in your price range there would be Sectionals available from both B-Y and H&M ...depending on the cover.
    Thanks. My Natuzzi may have been made in Italy, prior to their move to China. I'm not sure, but I got a lot of years out of it! In any event, is there another style that you can recommend that does not have that double upholstered back? I'm looking for something more traditional.

Thanks!

No one can select the style for you, so you may want to check out the manufacturer's web site to see what they have to offer.
    Last edited by drcollie; 02-01-2016 at 12:20 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

peanutmiracle Guest

Their website does not specify which sectionals are available with the split wedge.

You mean a separate wedge? As in 3-piece sectionals? Only the Austin and Your Way are done like that, it does cost more to build them that way.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.