Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm a believer now... Is this the new H&M Wrangler sectional?

ViviV Guest

Default Re: I'm a believer now... Is this the new H&M Wrangler sectional?

Duane, two questions, one somewhat dumb.....1) how is "inside depth" measured? is it the measurement of the entire seat cushion? is it what is visible "sticking" out from under the back cushion? Sorry for the weird, dumb question?
    2) The September sectional is part of the Town and Country promotion. Do I get a better pricing on it if bought regardless of the leather chosen? In my case it would probably be in gr3 leather... most probably Equestrian? Or is it just special pricing in the Document line of leathers? (which I don't care for )

I am carefully studying the measurements in all the sectionals. I might ask you for a quote on two or three different sectionals --all in gr3 leather. Hubby is leaning towards not wanting to do modifications to whatever we choose. :S

Thanks for the answers on measuring the inside seat depth.... there's a little debate going on in our house over that "issue". :S

Viviv
    Last edited by ViviV; 02-15-2016 at 11:00 PM.

"Inside Depth" is from the vertical front of the seat cushion to the point of vertical to the back cushion. These measurements will always vary piece-to-piece due to the nature of handcrafted furniture, however. In other words, the spec on one piece measured will vary from another of the same model.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

ViviV Guest

Thanks Duane!

We're really stuck between the 3 leathers we discussed above : Equestrian, Cameo Carmel Burnished and Hyde Park Tan Burnished. My least favorite is the Cameo due to the shine. My favorite is the Hyde Park Tan. It's soooo soft.

In looking at the website I picked this other leathers due to the color---more of a taupe/ mushroom color (which could work really well in our living room color scheme).
    Could you please give me your opinion on it if you've had experience and recommend it? Is it very different in feel, softness and texture from Equestrian, Cameo and Hyde Park:

1) Weston Sand

I also am thinking of Cameo Bone and Stone. But I already have your take on Cameo so no comment needed for those

Thanks again for putting up with all my inquiries.

Viviv
    Last edited by ViviV; 02-16-2016 at 09:18 PM.

ViviV Guest

re.:WESTON SAND

Today I found pictures in the photos section of a Member sofa (posted by you Duane years ago) and of a Sundance sectional in Weston Sand bought by a forum member in 2013. I was wowed!! What a nice color. I wonder how that leather ages as is it an unprotected leather. It doesn't show the variations of other leathers I am considering (Cameo, Hyde Park).

My question to you Duane regarding this leather (Weston Sand) is regarding a comment you made during your postings years ago when you (and I paraphrase here ;>) said that this leather has the best features of Equestrian and Capri rolled into one. I really like the Equestrian and can't afford Capri. Do you still believe this leather would be great for a sectional used daily by grown ups, no pets, no little kids? (We do enjoy drinks on our sofa and an occasional meal in front of the tv)

I wish there was a Hyde Park in that kind of color.... is there any unprotected leather in this tone/color you could recommend?
    Last edited by ViviV; 02-16-2016 at 09:20 PM.

Weston is a wonderful hide, it is a light pull-up that will show pressure marks and I have never had a customer complaint about the series. I would absolutely buy it for myself. Hyde Park is a BURNISHED leather, and will have more high/lows than Weston, but it will also be stiffer. All burnished hides have a toner coat and a sealer coat applied at H&M, so they will never be as soft as a non-burnished hide.
    Duane Collie

Answered the wrong thread. Didn't see a delete button.
    Last edited by pstein15; 02-17-2016 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Was answering the wrong thread.

ViviV Guest

Hi there Duane,
    A few more questions if you can bear it!

1) I want your input on this idea... You see we want a sectional that doesn't look skimpy, small, apartment sized, etc. In other words like you said "has visual weight". However, I would describe the style I'm going for as somewhere between traditional and modern.... Is that transitional?? I'm not sure of the terminology here. Anyhow, we want the sectional size to be on the large size (max 106" x max 145") but the styling is still important to me. The Sundance sectional is really stylish and hits all the marks but is not deep seating. So we're not considering it at all. Now...I'm totally in love with the "look" of the Quilted Parisian sofa in H&Ms catalog. I love, love, LOVE the quilting on the arms and back pillows.
    So here's the question (sorry for going around and around:S), what do you think of the September sectional with quilted back cushions and quilting the rolled arms? In Weston Sand? Can you please give your opinion on this "look" and tell me if this is something you'd order for your floor stock? Meaning that you think it would be attractive enough and different enough to sell. ;b

2) Is there a sectional in one of the H&Ms sister co.s that is deep seating with similar dimensions, with visual weight and still have the solid maple frame and other quality trademarks of H&M that you'd recommend in leather upholstery?

3) Will dark clothing and jeans stain the Weston Sand leather? My Volvo's seats are covered in the light bone colored leather and my jeans have stained them. My husband regularly cleans them and conditions them but they are darker because of my jeans. In your opinion, would this be an issue with the Weston Sand?

Thanks for all your help kind Sir. You will see my request for samples and quote today.

Have a magnificent day!

Viviv
    Last edited by ViviV; 02-17-2016 at 11:22 AM.

ViviV Guest

Duane, I've sent you the request for samples and quotes via the quotes area of the forum.

I'm really excited about the Weston Sand. Still need to see it in our living room but the biggest reservation I have about it is possible staining by everyone's jeans. What do you think? Also, what do you think of quilting the back cushions and arms on the September sectional?
    Would i ruin it's looks??

Yes, that is the definition of Transitional.

Sundance sectional is deeper than it may look! Its roomy....

I don't order ANY sectionals for my floor stock. The Two I have in stock have been there far too long. I have a very small store and they really cramp how I can arrange the showroom. live and learn.

The H&M Wrangler is the only deep seated sectional in the lineup at the moment.

Any leather can be stained by blue jeans, because that is indigo dye, and if the dye comes off the jeans and transfers, it has dyed the new surface. Most the time it requires moisture to release, that's why car interiors get beat up by it as many people are sweaty getting in and out of the car with jeans. Damp jeans mean excellent dye transfer.

Quilting: Not my cup of tea but I do have customers order it.
    Duane Collie

The Parisian is a beautiful sofa & the moment I saw it, I realized why H&M decided to name it that: it's a very good interpretation of Coco Chanel's infamous suede sofa from her 31 Rue Cambon apartment located above the Chanel flagship store in Paris:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x15795.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	8385   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flikr-1.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	8386   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	article-0-0F644FAD00000578-19_634x422.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	8387   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coco_Chanel_Apartment_06.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	8388