Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Bobby Guest

Default Hello!

I guess I'll be the first to say hello to everyone.

I know nothing about furniture other than it makes empty rooms nice so please don't take offense if I don't respond to posts concerning furniture. You probably don't want me replying anyway .

I met Duane (site owner) about 10 yrs ago on an internet mailing list for BMW cars and jumped to different lists that have evolved to cars in general and motorcycles.

I'm just here to help out with the technical side of this forum. If you don't like it, blame Duane. He asked for my help .

Hope you enjoy this site!

McCall Guest

Hey I am SO glad to see that Duane has his own site now, so if we can just get the crowd from the furniture forum on Gardenway to get on over here we will be all set. I suppose if we keep telling people to come here we will all get thrown off there as well.

Well I am moving to CA in another two weeks and I have been buying furniture in anticipation. I have some pieces, a Bradington Young recliner and two Miles Talbot pcs. a sofa and a chair waiting to be delivered before we move. Have not even seen them yet I hope they are ok as there will be no time to send em back.

I still have some pcs to get once I get to CA. mostly Foyer furniture and Nice book cases and a desk/hutch. also several rugs. I hope I can find things I like in CA

Quote Originally Posted by McCall View Post
    Hey I am SO glad to see that Duane has his own site now, so if we can just get the crowd from the furniture forum on Gardenway to get on over here we will be all set. I suppose if we keep telling people to come here we will all get thrown off there as well.

Well I am moving to CA in another two weeks and I have been buying furniture in anticipation. I have some pieces, a Bradington Young recliner and two Miles Talbot pcs. a sofa and a chair waiting to be delivered before we move. Have not even seen them yet I hope they are ok as there will be no time to send em back.

I still have some pcs to get once I get to CA. mostly Foyer furniture and Nice book cases and a desk/hutch. also several rugs. I hope I can find things I like in CA

Glad to have you join us! (the few?) Smart to get your pieces on the East Coast I think. From what I hear from my West Coast customers, options out there are few and far between for quality choices.

Duane
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

fixerupper Guest

Default Introducing myself

Just thought I'd drop a note here. I own and operate a furniture repair and refinishing company. Most of what I do is wood related -- touch up, structural repairs, refinishing, modifications and deluxing.

I also do some upholstery work. I don't have a sewing machine and don't want one, so I draw the line there. But I remove and replace panels, repair frames, swap mechanisms, and do a lot of spot cleaning.

Most of my work (with the exception of refinishing and things that need the workshop) is done on-site.

soster Guest

Welcome aboard!

Steve

Bobby Guest

Welcome Fixerupper!

Where are you located? Might help if someone needs your services.

Glad to have you on board. If you have the time and inclination, would be great if you can post a primer on repairs into the appropriate forum since we have zero postings in that category right now.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

fixerupper Guest

Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
    Welcome Fixerupper!

Where are you located? Might help if someone needs your services.

todd_kachadoorian Guest

Do you make house calls to Shrewsbury?? I have a leather sofa with 3 holes in it and I cannot get anyone to patch it. :-)

fixerupper Guest

Sorry ....(padding out to 10+ characters)
    Last edited by fixerupper; 08-15-2008 at 11:19 PM.