Thread: Flexsteel Crosstown Leather Sectional for Jordans Furniture

joe333x Guest

Default Flexsteel Crosstown Leather Sectional for Jordans Furniture

I just purchased this sectional yesterday http://www.jordans.com/flexsteel-cro...onal-lz1101060. I have not yet picked it up so I can still cancel the order which I am contemplating doing after reading some of the complaints about flexsteels leather quality. The floor model at jordans was a little over a year old and still looked beautiful which made me believe it is good quality considering the abuse furniture in a store takes compared to in a home. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge they can share with me on this? I want a couch thats going to last me 20 years, not 5.

Default Re: Flexsteel Crosstown Leather Sectional for Jordans Furniture

It will last. Take care of the hide and you will be good to go. Flexsteel has some sloppy tailoring in much of their furniture, but they are not poorly made.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

joe333x Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    It will last. Take care of the hide and you will be good to go. Flexsteel has some sloppy tailoring in much of their furniture, but they are not poorly made.
    You just made my day, I've been stressing about it since I bought it. Its actually what brought me to this forum since your decision to drop flexsteel comes up on google. To be honest this is my first major furniture purchase like this. My previous sofa and recliner were a hand me down Lazyboy from my parents and are 12 years old and still in great shape minus the cushions being well broken in. I just didnt want to replace a sofa that seems like it will last a other 10 years with one thats not going to last the time it takes me to pay it off. What had me second guessing my purchase was this particular post here http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions...-leather-sofas. There's a picture of the color on the leather coming off, but who knows how it happened and if the leather was properly cared for. Which is why I also have been researching leather care products as you have seen in my other thread. Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions.

I have a critical eye for furniture and a very poor tolerance for sloppy workmanship. The reason I dropped Flexsteel was because of that workmanship - for my store I demand a high build standard. That doesn't mean the furniture will fall apart - because it won't, it just means the people who make it don't pay attention to detail. Think of it this way....if you buy a new car and the fender/door gaps on the left side of the car are huge, and on the right side of the car they are normal, would it mean that car will fail prematurely? No, it will not. Its just unsightly - and they could do better. Its that sort of thing - quality control and pride in workmanship.

Enjoy your new piece and should you ever want to upgrade, know that Hancock and Moore is the best I've ever seen in craftsmanship when it comes to making leather furniture. It cost more, but they cross the 't's and dot the 'i's'
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

sstarrx2 Guest

Replying to an old thread because I have experience with both companies. What Duane says is 100% dead on. I have a Flexsteel Sofa and Love seat and did have a Flexsteel recliner. The leather on my Flexsteel has a better hand than my H&M, but it is Semi Analine and you can really see and feel the grain and markings on it. My H&M is a protected leather that is still very soft and looks wonderful, but you cannot feel the grain, it is very smooth and processed. Where the H&M is superior is the whole build package. Every last detail and stitch is perfect and where it is supposed to be. The back of my H&M recliner is fully padded underneath the leather, on the Flexsteel it is not and actually the non seating surfaces on the Flexsteel are a vinyl match, not real leather. While the Flexsteel looks fine and sits well and holds up pretty good if you take care of it, the devil is in the details.