Thread: Advice on Quality Sectional Manufacturers

Ladyvee Guest

Default Advice on Quality Sectional Manufacturers

I am in the market to replace my 17 year old Harden sectional; the fabric is very worn. I have been looking at Hickory White, Sherrill, Taylor King, Wesley Hall, and Century. I want quality construction (5/4" kiln dried solid hardwood frame; traditional 8-way hand tied coil springs; double doweled, screwed, glued corner blocks, etc.). Looking at these manufacturers' websites, it is difficult to ascertain the construction of all of these brands. I also want a sectional that will last 15 years years with normal use. This sectional is for the family room, so it will get lots of use--adults only household. One store that sold Century stirred me away from Century and really pushed me to consider Henredon for the sectional. I did not have Henredon on my list for consideration because several people have told me that the current Henredon is not the excellent quality that it was 20 years ago. Do the manufacturers that I have been considering all have quality construction? Are any of these brands better/more durable than the others? I will be custom ordering and looking to spend no more than $6K - 7K for a 3-piece sectional, fabric sectional (3-seat sofa, curved corner, 2-seat loveseat). From pricing I have gotten, these brands seem to be in the same price range and within my budget. I am looking for advice and recommendations to help me choose!

Default Re: Advice on Quality Sectional Manufacturers

Hickory White, Sherrill, Taylor King, Wesley Hall, Century, Henredon

These are all good, respected, and well-made brands. You really can't go wrong with any of them. In the majority of instances, the fabric will wear out well before the frame does. Most those makers use the construction you want, however they are plywood based, not solid hardwood. There are only a handful of companies still doing hardwood frames - they're costly to make. This is where you will need to be however, to make your price point. A solid hardwood frame sectional with a high-quality fabric is going to push you to right up to or over the five-figure mark. My suggestion is to focus on good material for the cover, more so than build - put your money in the cover. Buy any of the brands that has a style you like.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.