Thread: Custom made Furniture

Luckies Customs Guest

Default Custom made Furniture

Hello to everyone new to the forum wanted to show other like mind people that are also into custom furniture what I have been building.I build everything from vintage signs to custom chairs and tables take a look and enjoy..Thanks Mike

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0729.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	8292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0711.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	8290Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0719.JPG 
Views:	266 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	8291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0553.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	193.0 KB 
ID:	8288Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0557.JPG 
Views:	255 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	8289
    Last edited by Luckies Customs; 03-11-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Default Re: Custom made Furniture

Interesting! I do think your Ferrari chair would look better in a different scheme. I was at the Ferrari Factory last June and the two museums in both Maranello and Modena. The Ferrari logo is Yellow, not predominantly as a tri-color as you can see here on the main entrance to the factory (I was driving by it in a Ferrari 599 - hence the red fenders in the picture). A real Ferrari enthusiast would not buy that chair - it's too much over the top. It may appeal to someone that does not know the marque.

Name:	DSCF2604_zps8uc1tcgm.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	8293

Now here is Alan Price's (Hancock and Moore's designer) tribute to Ferrari. An office chair patterned after the seats in the 1960 500 Ferrari Superfast. Notice the channeling and color as per the original, the sleek mahogany (used on Ferrari's record setting racing boat) and aluminum base of the chair similar to the rudder on the boat.. And nary a logo in sight. Classy. Elegant. You have to have a factual basis for a tribute piece in a custom to make it appealing, not just a hodgepodge of emblems. Success means doing the research and making it correctly.

Name:	DSCF1373_zpsnqyne40e.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	177.1 KB 
ID:	8294

Name:	DSCF1931_zps6xsbvu2h.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	8297

Name:	DSCF1952_zpsvhqyflqg.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	8298

Alan's Chair (yes, I have this one in my store on the floor). This is the kind of work you want to aspire to if going after tribute pieces - and nowhere does it say FERRARI on it, the buyer of this chair and any auto enthusiast already know what it is. Alan and I frequently talk of exotic cars and we are both passionate about them.

Name:	DSC_0015.jpg 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	8296
    Last edited by drcollie; 03-12-2016 at 12:19 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

sstarrx2 Guest

Nice...I'm more of a Porsche guy...but I love the chair in the Italian flag colors. For some reason I'm like Pavlov's dog when I see these colors together...they make me hungry!!

Luckies Customs Guest

Thanks
    Last edited by Luckies Customs; 03-13-2016 at 09:09 AM.

Luckies Customs Guest

Funny you say that I have had a lot of people reach out about making a colorful Porsche one..Hope i did not make you that hungry...Thanks for looking

Luckies Customs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Interesting! I do think your Ferrari chair would look better in a different scheme. I was at the Ferrari Factory last June and the two museums in both Maranello and Modena. The Ferrari logo is Yellow, not predominantly as a tri-color as you can see here on the main entrance to the factory (I was driving by it in a Ferrari 599 - hence the red fenders in the picture). A real Ferrari enthusiast would not buy that chair - it's too much over the top. It may appeal to someone that does not know the marque.

Name:	DSCF2604_zps8uc1tcgm.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	8293

Now here is Alan Price's (Hancock and Moore's designer) tribute to Ferrari. An office chair patterned after the seats in the 1960 500 Ferrari Superfast. Notice the channeling and color as per the original, the sleek mahogany (used on Ferrari's record setting racing boat) and aluminum base of the chair similar to the rudder on the boat.. And nary a logo in sight. Classy. Elegant. You have to have a factual basis for a tribute piece in a custom to make it appealing, not just a hodgepodge of emblems. Success means doing the research and making it correctly.

Name:	DSCF1373_zpsnqyne40e.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	177.1 KB 
ID:	8294

Name:	DSCF1931_zps6xsbvu2h.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	8297

Name:	DSCF1952_zpsvhqyflqg.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	8298

Alan's Chair (yes, I have this one in my store on the floor). This is the kind of work you want to aspire to if going after tribute pieces - and nowhere does it say FERRARI on it, the buyer of this chair and any auto enthusiast already know what it is. Alan and I frequently talk of exotic cars and we are both passionate about them.

Name:	DSC_0015.jpg 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	8296

Thanks for looking I have done several pieces like"Alan's chair' .I restore Ferraris and have a bunch of original parts that have and could be used for this.The problem with that to me is thats the easy way out you are coping and using other peoples ideas and parts. I like to build items that are my own and not resemble other peoples ideas.
    I took this chair and 2 car we built to the Cavallino Ferrari show in CA the chair received a lot of response and took 6 more orders for it.So I cant really say Ferrari owns would never purchase it because "its to much over the top"..Thats what makes this county great everyone can have a opinion and not like what someone does..Again thanks for looking

NicholesAmmons Guest

Nice! They seem really cool