Lol, I see y'alls reasoning: all of this time & effort just to get the same sofa for a tiny bit less? I'm almost there myself, trust me! Especially after learning all the port fees & customs charges I'd be responsible for if I purchase the Chinese copy. Can anyone comment on if that is in fact true, that I'd be coughing up that much in port fees & customs charges just for purchasing a sofa? The quoted price on the sofa is $1,475(compared to $3,225 + $199 in shipping via RH.) So, obviously this looked like a VERY sweet deal. I've bought small things directly from China before, like phone cases that took months to arrive & don't remember numerous additional costs associated with those transactions. Perhaps with larger, freight items it comes into play?

Some of these companies I mentioned in the OP actually claim their build is superior to RH & American made, & they're still able to come in much lower than RH. CoCoCo has numerous frame templates for other RH models, as does Casco Bay. That's why I contacted them: in hopes of getting an identical looking product made in America & of a better build quality for either the same cost, or less. If they're doing it with other RH, Pottery Barn, Arhaus & Anthropologie pieces, this sofa shouldn't be different.

I, of course am interested in quality of the piece, & I'm afraid to admit this, but in home decor I'm bit of a style over substance person. My only concerns with ordering thru RH are that I've read too many negative reviews about products taking much, much longer to arrive than quoted & now, after reading this forum, the fact that that $3,275 price tag is mainly paying for their brick & mortar "galleries" & those large, useless catalogs(they don't list specific dimensions or pricing in their 'source books'.) Nobody, whether they've got money to burn or living paycheck to paycheck wants to pay for something that's not REALLY what they're getting. If that sofa really is only worth $1,500, but I've got to pay ANOTHER $2K on top of that just for the extras that benefit me not one iota, why wouldn't I look elsewhere?

I'm going to give the several companies mentioned in the OP till the end of this week to reply with price quotes on their most similar models, or their ability to do a one off, such as Perch Furniture claims they're capable of. They're priced at or little above RH, but quality is better & all their sofas are made in Cali.

I'd really like to dig a bit deeper into this TAG by Tandem Arbor company that's solely making lesser quality RH lookalikes & selling them for RH prices WITHOUT catalogs, a functioning website or a single brick & mortar location. If only to just to ask them wth & how are you rationalizing THIS business model?? Lol, oh & why an entirely e-commerce based mid tier furniture company is taking months to get a basic website up & running, yet they're able to churn out product for Overstock, Etsy & the flash sales giant, Gilt?! Hello, it's 2016...not, 1996!! Don't worry, I'm savvy enough to recognize a huge red flag when I see one