Thread: King's Ranch furniture vs Hancock and Moore

KevinD Guest

Default King's Ranch furniture vs Hancock and Moore

Anyone know who makes King's Ranch furniture and anything about its quality? Any comparison to H and M? Thanks.

KevinD

Default Re: King's Ranch furniture vs Hancock and Moore

Never heard of King's Ranch Furniture, their web site makes it hard to find it. Not enough detail to see how it's made, sorry
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Anyone know who makes King's Ranch furniture and anything about its quality? Any comparison to H and M? Thanks.

KevinD
    My mom gets their catalogs in the mail every now & then(we're in Texas.) But, everything is so "Southwest" & Texan cliche looking, she's never ordered anything from them.

It's been a few years since I've flipped thru one of their catalogs, but IIRC they are affiliated with the actual King Ranch in south Texas, same as all the Biltmore products are with The Biltmore Estate.

If I had to guess; I'd say the smaller items sold by them(personal leather accessories, knick knacks, etc) would be easier for them to maintain some degree of quality control over. Whereas the larger items, such as furniture, blankets or even the clothing,) would have to be sourced out to a manufacturer not actually located on THE King Ranch & that's where it can get dicey.

Andrea

KevinD Guest

Thanks, much. Their pricing is high enough to make one think it is from a high end manufacturer, but maybe not. I am not seriously considering it as KR does not seem to know much about its own branded furniture. I have called about 1 or 2 pieces and no one seems to know much about anything other than availability and price. Thanks.

Hi, KevinD.

I'm familiar with the King Ranch Saddle Shop offerings. I have some very good friends who are longtime, generational Texas ranchers who have one or two King Ranch items. That's the key, I do believe...restraint. I love spending time at my friends' homes! They do a fabulous job of mixing "Texas", ranch, antiques, authenticity. It's real and warm and inviting, just like my friends who are truly warm and inviting people.

Granted, I am no furniture expert. Duane is our furniture Yoda. I will go out on a limb and tell you that the few pieces I put my hands on seemed solid, but that doesn't mean they were quality built and made to last. I wish I could offer more. Also, I do believe their online shop does indicate if a piece is imported or USA made. Of course, that's not a whole lot more information, is it?

Other than that, all I can say is the King Ranch turns out some fabulous Quarter Horses. One of mine came off the King Ranch and he was a terrific, little powerhouse! I assure you he was, in fact, solidly built and made to last.

TXCajun

KevinD Guest

Thanks, TXCajun, I enjoyed your response. We have a couple of horses ourselves here in California.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Thanks, TXCajun, I enjoyed your response. We have a couple of horses ourselves here in California.
    Oh, KevinD, lucky, lucky you! My horse showing days are pretty well in the past, now. Do y'all do any competitive riding?

By the way, are you looking for specific pieces of furniture? Something from H&M?

TXCajun