Let me 1st off apologize for being still very new to the forum & starting so many new threads since registering. Lol but, the forum's been such a God send to me in my studies(Interior Design,) & my insatiable thirst for anything furniture/decor related I can't help myself!

Ok, with that gotten outta the way I was really, REALLY psyched to see H&M offering Shagreen in their leather offerings. I mean, open any decor magazine or high-end mall/retail lifestyle company's latest catalog & there's shagreen.

It's on everything from side tables to bathroom accessories. Usually it's cowhide that's been embossed to resemble shagreen, but some high-end makers do use genuine stingray leather.

IIRC, there are a few international laws regarding the exporting/importing of "exotic" skins such as crocodile, alligator, python, etc & don't know if stingray falls under those laws?

H&M's shagreen is embossed steer hide & is a Grade 5 leather. What are the best models for its application in their line?

I really only have seen it on case goods(tables, desks, etc,) decorative accessories & it's starting to make some noise in the fashion world with major brands using it on shoes, wallets, handbags & even jewelry.

Anyone actually own any shagreen(genuine, or embossed leather) & comment on how they've liked it? Is it holding up well, etc?

Duane, I'd be most interested in hearing where in H&M's line-up you'd recommend using it: certainly not covering an entire sofa with it? I've seen some chairs entirely done in shagreen embossed leather & it was a bit much IMO.

Lol, and I promise, I'll try to hold off on posting new threads for awhile