Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
BMW makes some of the best motorcycles on the road too!!

Like these? (in my garage)

Attachment 8434
Attachment 8435

I've owned (7) BMW cars / SUV's as well. 535i, 740i, M3, 330i, 323i, X5, X4 (current daily driver). I've been a BMW CCA member since 1996 and active in autocross and track instruction. I do like the brand, but it has its quirks. On almost every BMW ever made the front control arms are shot every 80K miles and need replacing, and the cooling systems self-destruct at 100K miles as the plastic gets hard and brittle, then cracks out. Then there are the assorted sub-frame bushings to deal with on some variants and high pressure fuel pump problems as well, but for the most part the cars are solid, especially the ones with inline 6 engines (the V8's not so much). I do most the work myself in my garage so for me its usually just parts, and the only really tough job I had was replacing the Automatic transmission in the 323i working off a cold garage floor in the middle of winter. I'll always have either a BMW or a Porsche in the garage it seems. Or one of each! My business is furniture, but I'm a total gearhead at heart.
Love these!!! My BMW is newer and had a turbo 4 cycl and it is really a nice ride. You can get plenty of cars with nicer interiors, but the drive train on my BMW is the best I have ever owned! Where else can you get a car that will do a 4.9 second 0-60 and get 36 mpg! Gear shifts are lighting quick and smooth as silk! The only car I would want in stead would be a Porsche!