Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: flexsteal?? best home furnture?

missem Guest

Default flexsteal?? best home furnture?

saw some of the things you have posted about flexsteel and am not sure if its a good choice im interested in triton sectional probably in a fabric as it will be about half the cost of leather it seems from the description of how this one is made that it is pretty sturdy but also looking at best home furnishings bodie please help and advice would be helpful I want to buy good quality but only could afford maybe 3000 or so for 3 seater couch which both of those brands fall beaneth that if not what are better options for recling sofas or sectional's that would be between 3-5 thousand ?

missem Guest

Default Re: flexsteal?? best home furnture?

also I know Bradington Young recline sectionals have been recommended however I only find two options on their website and they don't have a armless recliner chair option so my husband and i would not be able to sit next to each other and recline as well as be able to fully lay down on the couch. anyone know of the best built brand with that type of option? basically it will end up being a triple recline sofa built from sectional pieces as no good manufacture sems makes triple reline stand alone sofas and I can not afford 7 plus thousand for a completely custom build.
    Quote Originally Posted by missem View Post
    saw some of the things you have posted about flexsteel and am not sure if its a good choice im interested in triton sectional probably in a fabric as it will be about half the cost of leather it seems from the description of how this one is made that it is pretty sturdy but also looking at best home furnishings bodie please help and advice would be helpful I want to buy good quality but only could afford maybe 3000 or so for 3 seater couch which both of those brands fall beaneth that if not what are better options for recling sofas or sectional's that would be between 3-5 thousand ?

Bradington-Young has a full recline loveseat in the Reid sectional model, left or right arm which would fill the bill. Add a corner wedge and stretch out.
    Last edited by Kyracer57; 04-30-2016 at 07:16 AM.

BY 912-55 - Left arm facing loveseat full recline

BY 912-56 Right arm facing loveseat

BY 912-68 corner wedge
    Last edited by Kyracer57; 04-30-2016 at 07:16 AM.

Jenny Guest

I bought my B&Y three seater for less than 3K including shipping and taxes. Boyfriend has a flexsteel recliner he just HAD to have. Both purchased within the last 6 months. Even though I went with a cheap gr1 finished leather, my B&Y looks and feels better than the Flexsteel by far. I believe most flexsteels are made in China now and of shoddy quality. I don't know much about triple reclining sofas but I really hope you find an alternative to flexsteel

missem Guest

any idea what a good or average/acceptable price for a set like this from B&Y would cost, its hard to research price points for them

Quote Originally Posted by Kyracer57 View Post
    BY 912-55 - Left arm facing loveseat full recline

BY 912-56 Right arm facing loveseat

BY 912-68 corner wedge

I'd just ask for a quote from Duane. He could help determine what pieces you'll want to configure the sectional to your liking.

missem Guest

OK so more general question have any of you owned theses pieces from b&y for a long time, do they actually really hold up well enough for the price to make it worth it I want to make a good lasting investment. Also how is their customer service as in do they stand behind their product honer warranties help with problems ect

I may have to backtrack on what I said. Even though B-Y on their web site describes two loveseat recliners differently, one that reclines only at the seat next to the arm and the other is described as "Full" recline, it appears both only recline when you're next to the arm. They do have standalone loveseats where both positions recline, the 932-70 and the 912-70

Sorry for the mixup.
    Last edited by Kyracer57; 04-30-2016 at 11:07 AM.

also I know Bradington Young recline sectionals have been recommended however I only find two options on their website and they don't have a armless recliner chair option so my husband and i would not be able to sit next to each other and recline as well as be able to fully lay down on the couch. anyone know of the best built brand with that type of option?

You will not find a quality reclining sofa like that, as the mechanism needs a solid piece to attach to that has strength and substance. There are triple recliners out there, but they are wiggly, wobbly affairs. The only way to properly do this is with theater seating, which is designed to 'stand alone' and you can join them together, but they won't have a smooth, integrated appearance. I'll tell you a better way to go.... get a Stationary Sofa, something like Hancock and Moore's # 8138 Austin High Back Sofa then use their Chair and a Half Ottoman to go in front of it. Now you have something MORE comfortable than a reclining sofa unit that you can both use side-by-side and it will last 30 years plus given reasonable care. Think about it, when you are in a recliner sofa you are usually watching TV - you don't need the back to go down, because that's a sleep position. The stationary sofa is much stronger, has 8-way suspension (which no motion furniture can have) and you can push/pull the ottoman. I think its a much better arrangement and it costs less, too.

Having said that, you will be find with the USA Flexsteel, it's not shoddily made - just stay clear of their Lattitudes collection as that is the made-in-China part of their groups. Flexsteel is not high-end upholstery, and if you can live with the so-so workmanship it will give you good service duty. I used to be a Flexsteel dealer many years ago.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.