Thread: help choosing a sofa

Pambi Guest

Default help choosing a sofa

Any furniture Aficionados (Duane ) out there willing to answer my question posted a couple of days ago? Thanks, Pambi (not the Maytag repairman) Cheers.

Hi Duane, I was considering the BY 676-95 sofa last fall, but then had some unexpected expenses, so couldn't move forward on that. I am now considering a sofa purchase, but would really appreciate your advice and recommendation first. We want a stationary sofa that we will be using for lounging, watching tv, napping etc. Often my husband & I both stretch our legs out on the sofa at the same time while watching tv, so we would like a roomy, deep sofa that is not too formal looking. Does the BY 676-95 suit or would you recommend a different frame in the BY lineup? I know your favourite leather in the BY collection is 9055 & I do love it in "Old World Fudge". I understand it is a grade 5 and will be more expensive of course. What do you think about leather 9050 (grade 3, I think), and is it available in a blackish brown color (like Old World Fudge)? Recommendation/advice? And finally, if a leather is Aniline, does it mean that it is "Full TOP Grain"? Thank you very much, and I apologize for so many questions.

Default Re: help choosing a sofa

It's been so busy I have been answering most forum questions at night from home, and as such I don't have the leather swatches to compare and contrast. Then the thread kind of fades away.

Yes, the BY 676-95 will do the job, its 23" inside depth with a 20" seat height and I'd not one one higher/deeper than that unless you are all in the NBA.

All pure anilines are Full Top Grain, yes. I can't recall the 9050 leather offhand, and since answering this from home, can't pull the swatch. Sorry. Best thing to do is order samples - up to a dozen and use the B-Y website to make your picks, then put in a request on Quotes and Orders.

Hope that helps!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.