Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rhodes Chair

KevinD Guest

Default Rhodes Chair

Has anyone actually seen and sat in a Rhodes Chair? If so, can you describe your take on it? Comfortable? Reaction to the nail trim? Thanks.

Kevin

Default Re: Rhodes Chair

I have sat in one at Market, but its been probably three years and 3,000 chairs ago so I can't really recall. I know that's not much help but what I tend to do is remember the ones I really don't like, because there are far fewer of those than the ones that I do like. The Rhodes is not on my mental 'do not like' list.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

KevinD Guest

That's good to know. Still trying to figure out a smaller chair option from the H & M line.

Amos Giles Rhodes was born in 1850 in Henderson, Kentucky. In 1875 he came to Atlanta as a laborer for the L & N Railroad. In 1879, he began a small furniture company in Atlanta. Some sources credit him with inventing the installment plan for buying furniture. That's why it's clear that it has a renowned background. I also sat on it and felt comfort. It looks good too. If you have plan then you can buy it without any confusion.

So how many years did you take English at your school before you took up spamming forums? Here's a Tip: Take a few more.
    Duane Collie

KevinD Guest

LOL! I was wondering about that one.

Haha, Duane & Kevin: both of y'all are cracking me up with this! Lol, H&M's naming of their models is SO not even close to naming 1 out of over 1,500-2,000 models after some random, nobody's ever heard of, "famous" person!

The OP asked if Duane remembered how it sat, NOT a pulled outta thin air bio of who this particular model might be named after. Even if it was named after this "famous" person...that's not sufficient info enough for the OP to base their purchase on.

Whew, thought I was the only one side-eyeing these random, incoherent posts!!

KevinD Guest

But it wasn't Duane or me that said anything about any connection with anyone with this chair...

Kevin

KevinD Guest

And I am the OP.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    And I am the OP.

Kevin
    I know, I know...I was referring to Duane's "go back to high school" comment & your "I was wondering about that..." comment. I was quite perplexed myself with "Katrina's" post; it was so random compared to the other posts on this thread. Duane suspects a spammer is in our midst, but I was unaware spammers came onto forums to opine & agree with what's being said. I just always assumed they're choosing to join is nothing more than a means to shill whatever product they're representing.

Kevin, I'm sorry if my tone didn't fully translate in my reply/post. I hope you didn't take it as directed towards you & apologize if itcame across like that. I was basically saying Duane's comment had me laughing uncontrollably...then I read yours & was honestly relieved to find I wasn't the only one confused by "Katrina."

My morning routine is to come to the computer before going to work each day and clean off the Spammers, like I am right now at 8:02 a.m. Eastern Time. Not too many on on the Forum this time of day so you don't even see the majority of them, as I delete their posts and ban them - POOF! - they're gone. Rare is the spammer that comes on during USA-daytime hours, most do their intrusions after midnight (eastern time) and I wipe them off in the morning. It's a regular maintenance chore.

P.S. "Katrina" is now gone after two more rambling posts in the wee hours...and posts deleted.
    Duane Collie