I've resisted import furniture for years, though I have dabbled in a few pieces out of Vietnam here and there. Yesterday my Bradington Young Rep was in the store and he is also the Rep for Hooker Furniture, which is produced either in China or Vietnam depending on the piece. I've been looking for a source for home office desks and pretty much they come down to either Hooker or Sligh, those two dominate the category segment. It was really easy to order Hooker as I have been a B-Y dealer for over 20 years, so I placed an initial order for (4) desks and (1) leather office chair. My intent is to use the desks with my H&M office chairs i have in the store, and these desks will be under $ 2K. Up to now, I have had John Buchanan make desks to order, but they would be three times that price and I would get push back resistance from customers in the store on that price point. So, I shall try it and see how it goes. Two of the desks will arrive fairly quick, the other two were new from Market and be several months before the first shipment arrives from overseas. If you are curious what they offer, here's the on-line catalog.

http://www.hookerfurniture.com/HomeOffice.inc