You have no idea how excited I was to find this forum today.
I thought I'd post my living room before pulling the trigger on a sofa.
I have considered a sectional (what the kid wants, but he's 16, a junior next year and soon it will just be me), or a sofa and chair. I supposed I could do a sofa/love combo again (current love seat is in the front room), but I prefer chairs. Seating is just for 2, we don't entertain a ton.

I just had wall-to-wall carpeting removed and the floor installed. I need a rug. Badly.
I just painted (It's Bejamin Moore's Revere Pewter - a warm greige).
My style (if I had one) is transitional. I love mid-century looking type things.
My current sofa.... I hate it. I would prefer track or straighter arms this go around, but do like the simplicity of the City. I do like nailhead.

The TV stand, is a cheapy I've had for 16ish years (yikes!). I'm looking to replace that now.

I'm thinking a dark leather would make things too dark and disappear with the dark floor, so was thinking something lighter. I do like grey/taupe leather.

The ugly chair stays and has to be plugged in (for now). The tables I don't love, but didn't have plans to replace at this time.

I used to have the sofa against the long empty wall, but that left the traffic pattern to go out the back going in front of the sofa and the coffee table (currently in the garage). And the TV was on the opposite side of the wall. So traffic was always in front of the TV. If that's the best setup I can go back to that.

Room is approx 16 x 18. I am open to any and all suggestions.

I like color - you'd probably never know that from my current room. I would LOVE that purple chair from the Spring show that Duane compared to a Popsicle - lol. Like love, love. I'll have to go get a pic of it and post it here. I'd love that leather on the French Curve Tufted chair. Sigh.

That room you see in one of the pics off the living room - my bedroom. It's as empty as the rest of the house. You'd never know I've lived here for going on 14 years.