Thread: Councill Furniture Quality

Default Councill Furniture Quality

Hi Duane:

Been lurking here for a while after finding you through GardenWeb, where you thoughtfully answered a question of mine several months ago.

I understand from reading this forum that you're planning to add Councill Furniture to your store. I'd never heard of it, so I visited their website. I was immediately smitten by several of their pieces.

Since you're planning to add it to your store, I'm assuming you're also impressed by it. But I'd like to hear your thoughts on the quality and value of their furniture. What other lines of furniture would you consider its competitors, in terms of quality and value? Thanks!

Yes, I have Councill on order for my floor and two pieces already for customers. I expect to get my initial order in August.

Truth be told, I've not seen it in person in years, so I'll have to reserve judgement until my first group of stock arrives and I can look it over. Jack Glasheen, founder of H&M told me in one of our many phone conversations that I should carry it, as he thinks its the finest wood line in the country. That's good enough for me to try it. I have huge respect for Jack and his knowledge of the industry, and of course the company he started with Jimmy Moore which is Hancock and Moore. If Jack tells me its the best in the land - then it probably is. We'll find out in about 60 days.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Sarah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Yes, I have Councill on order for my floor and two pieces already for customers. I expect to get my initial order in August.

Truth be told, I've not seen it in person in years, so I'll have to reserve judgement until my first group of stock arrives and I can look it over. Jack Glasheen, founder of H&M told me in one of our many phone conversations that I should carry it, as he thinks its the finest wood line in the country. That's good enough for me to try it. I have huge respect for Jack and his knowledge of the industry, and of course the company he started with Jimmy Moore which is Hancock and Moore. If Jack tells me its the best in the land - then it probably is. We'll find out in about 60 days.
    Interesting . . . I look forward to hearing your impression after your initial order comes in!

Sarah Guest

Woah . . . I just checked out their website again & their case goods are absolutely beautiful but the posted prices are definitely beyond my comfortable range!

Those are full MSRP prices, Sarah. Disregard them! I've been told they have a minimum selling retail in place (but have not been told what it will be), and the really bad part is Councill will not drop ship - which means everything has to come to my store first. Anyways, for the time being, unless I am told otherwise, I am pricing Councill at 55% of those published MSRP prices. For example, the # 1604 Sofa Table MSRP of $ 2,800 will sell for $ 1,540.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.