Thread: Bradington Young Back Cushion Changes

CAmom Guest

Default Bradington Young Back Cushion Changes

Does anyone know if you can change the back cushion on a B-Y recliner/sofa when you order the piece? I am looking at the Newman recliner. The seat cushion is fine, but I really like the back support of the Galloway 3007 recliner. The Newman also has a wider seat width than the Galloway.

The sales person I spoke with today said that the store has a person that will come out after 30 days and put more fill in the back cushion. My concern is voiding the warranty by doing that.

Default Re: Bradington Young Back Cushion Changes

Sure, you can specify an extra full core at time of order. It's fiber-fill so its just a matter of them putting in a little more when they make the cores. I get almost zero requests for this in B-Y, so I can't recall if they upcharge for this or not. I don't think they do but they may.

Come back in 30 days and put more in? <laughing> How are they going to do that? Do they bring a sewing machine with them? Those inner casings are well-sewn with the fiber fill insider the casing, so all I can imagine is they are going to wrap the existing cores with something. It would be like stuffing a blanket in there. I suppose it will work but I can't imagine having much control over the loft of amount being done. It won't void the warranty, but that sounds like a customer appeasement thing to me rather than a solution. Not something I would do in my store, I'd order new cores with additional fill (charges may apply)
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

CAmom Guest

Default Re: Bradington Young Back Cushion Changes

Thanks, Duane! I would prefer new cores from the company over someone fiddling with my new furniture.