Thread: Hello from Tx - need recommendations for new reclining sofa

cacdrc Guest

Default Hello from Tx - need recommendations for new reclining sofa

Hello everyone - I found this site while browsing the Internet for information. I've recently had back surgery & need to replace my sofas for firmer, less deep ones. I'm 5'2" and hubby is 5'9". He prefers another reclining sofa as we've had that version for more than 20 years - afraid we might be disappointed in a stationary sofa. We went to Houston last weekend shopping for one & came home pretty dismayed. I've already ruled out brands like Lazy-Boy & Flexsteel due to the numerous bad reviews, but I can't find H&M or Bradington at a store to sit on. I'm terrified to order something that expensive without ever having sat on it. Even if the seat height & depth are good, the back pitch could make it totally uncomfortable.

Most of the stores in Houston that carry these lines are "for the trade only" so I don't know what to do. I struggle to get off my sofa every night because it's too deep - I'm worried I'm going to re-injure my back with all the twisting I'm doing.

Any suggestions for a reclining sofa that has a short seat height & shallow seat depth?

Thank you for any & all suggestions! 😀

Default Re: Hello from Tx - need recommendations for new reclining sofa

They really don't build them that way, I've never seen a compact dual recliner loveseat or sofa. The market for them is extremely small.

A trick you can do is get a unit with firmer cushions, most domestic makers will allow you to do that at no charge, just has to be specified at time of order. Firmer cores make it easier to get out of the unit, and really are not uncomfortable in my opinion.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

3. 09-11-2016

4. 09-11-2016