Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pairing ideas needed for Sundance sofa

davidalexander Guest

Default Pairing ideas needed for Sundance sofa

Hello - this is my first post to go along with my first H&M purchase.

Like a Sommelier would offer a fine wine to pair with a great meal, I would be grateful to hear your chair, coffee table/ottoman, rug pairing ideas for my Sundance sofa in Weston Cane Burnished.

We intend to use this room as our primary family /tv watching/gathering room. The room size is 22x20.

Thank you all!! and thank you Duane for this excellent site!

-Dave

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3310.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	9225

Default Re: Pairing ideas needed for Sundance sofa

I see different design elements in your home (Hard to suggest design elements with just one photo that is primarily of the sofa). You can take it traditional or transitional. Your rug should be a showpiece however - in that room. Think of it as art for the foor. Whether you go with a traditional oriental or something more contemporary, spend time on the rug and shop somewhere that you have return privileges, you never know how a rug is truly going to look until it's in the room. I'd have to see more photos to make other recommendations.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Without seeing the walls or art, I would say that room could do with some color. A nice forest green rug, or royal blue, or a crimson red in a classic pattern. Ottoman or coffee table depends on your needs, either way I would go for a complimentary shade of brown.

davidalexander Guest

Thank you Duane and Danw99. Great suggestion to add color, a blue rug could look fantastic - matching nicely with the pool view out the windows. I've attached a few more pictures. Appreciate the help!

Name:	IMG_3315.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	186.1 KB 
ID:	9233Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3314.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	185.4 KB 
ID:	9234Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	9235

Stick Guest

Great looking couch, maybe a bigger TV to go with it

Name:	Rug_1.jpeg 
Views:	251 
Size:	301.4 KB 
ID:	9236

Name:	Rug_2.jpeg 
Views:	243 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	9237
    Last edited by wisejd; 11-14-2016 at 12:07 PM.

cat@atl Guest

LOL, I don't even like TVs that much and agree the TV looks a little lonely. It's because there's nothing next to it.

That sofa is delicious!

What colors do you like? This link is for a home tour where they have neutral walls then did some splashes of oceanic blues, greens and teals, which brings that water motif without going all blue/white coastal beach house. And check out the rug under their big wood table-- the pattern gives it a lot of punch and it still manages to read kind of neutral in spite of the burgundy/magenta parts. http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/alex...ic-home-183862

You didn't ask about this but another thing might be to change the color of the trim. Those back windows would look great in a dark trim, maybe the same for the built-in on the TV wall. I did a very bad photoshop just for grins...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	darktrim.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	9238

davidalexander Guest

@cat@atl: WOW! Thank you for taking the time to respond... and with a photoshop mockup nonetheless. I am very grateful for your recommendations. The dark trim idea would look fantastic - and would match our wood walls in our den/kitchen (adjacent room).

@stick, @cat@atl: Funny about the TV - agreed. A 65" will be my black friday purchase! I should send a picture before I removed the top half of the built in (bookcases flanking a TV cabinet). I just haven't the "big TV" yet to fill the larger space.

@all: Thank you for the rug suggestions. We are picking up a rug today and I will post pictures to get your thoughts.

After you seen the rug I'd love to hear ideas on chairs and ottomans/coffee tables. The two fabric chairs shown in the pictures will likely be shipped off to the den. We are leaning towards the H&M 5781-1 Newton Chair in the same leather (knowing it won't be a perfect match).

Thanks again!!

Dave

cat@atl Guest

Glad you liked it! I came here thinking the reply would be "umm... we just painted the trim white."

This all hinges on individual tastes of course, but if that was MY room, this rug by Woven Legends would be my choice. I pulled this one from several hundred photos of rugs past I have access to.

Name:	Rug1.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	9242
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.