Thread: Greetings, I am new to the group and like most I have a question immediately..

SCrosco Guest

Default Greetings, I am new to the group and like most I have a question immediately..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_1255909257786113.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	178.8 KB 
ID:	9227Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_1255913187785720.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	9226Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_1255913374452368.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	9228Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20161113-084803.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	9229

I have the opportunity to purchase this table. I was told by a young lady it was given to her by her grandmother. I'm curious if anyone can guess it's age. I have tried searching via the stamp on the bottom, to have no luck. Any help would be great! TIA

PS this table is about 100miles from me so I have no real opportunity to examine it anytime I want. I would prefer to learn as much as possible to help determine if it's worth the drive.

Oh and the inside shelves have contact paper covering them.

Default Re: Greetings, I am new to the group and like most I have a question immediately..

I would guess not super old. Looks mass produced and if those are philips screws they weren't invented until the 30s.

Default Re: Greetings, I am new to the group and like most I have a question immediately..

Masonite board, staples and surface-mount hinges would make that a non-starter for me. I'd not drive 100 miles to get that if it were free, personally.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

SCrosco Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danw99 View Post
    I would guess not super old. Looks mass produced and if those are philips screws they weren't invented until the 30s.
    Yea once I saw the bottom w the staples ect. I'm learning my way around furniture which has always been a passion but the bottom is a dead ringer, my real concern is am I looking at something built in 2015, 2005 or 1965? Is there a definitive way to tell, considering the ornate decor? Asking price $175

cat@atl Guest

I have no idea but wanna say 1980's excess? It's got those classic column thingies on the ends then the center looks vaguely asian then there's some rosettes too...
    And did you notice the big craters on the trim along the top, visible on the third photo?

SCrosco Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cat@atl View Post
    I have no idea but wanna say 1980's excess? It's got those classic column thingies on the ends then the center looks vaguely asian then there's some rosettes too...
    And did you notice the big craters on the trim along the top, visible on the third photo?

I did notice them thanks for pointing it out. And honestly it turned me off from purchasing it but I figured if I could get the asking price in half maybe it's worth it then. Thank you for your input I will certainly use it. I truly appreciate it.