Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bed Pillows....anyone - Pacific Coast pillows?

puhmuckel Guest

Default Pillows

Actually latex is not like memory foam. It does not get hot the way memory foam does and it springs back immediately once you have changed your position. Memory foam leave an imprint and takes a long time to return to its original form. I have neck problems from a disc herniation and the latex pillows and mattress have done wonders. Also down pillows will go flat in no time.

Odd I/O Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Want to get into the gross side of sleeping? Dust mites THRIVE inside down/feather pillows, its the perfect environment for them, plus heads are hotter than the rest of the body, so there's a really great heat source for them as well. Latex naturally repels Dust Mites so its considered a much 'cleaner' pillow.

Now you'll never buy a down/feather pillow again, right? <G>

Does this applies to down comforters as well?

Maybe I should be sleeping under latex mattress toppers.

Dust mites like heat and moisture, so the # 1 spot to hang out is inside the pillow...by far. They get both there in lots of quantity. They feed on shed skin, so gravity says that is going into the pillow and the mattress, not as much UP into the comfortor.

See, I told ya'll this was gross stuff.........>laughing<
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

newyorkone Guest

Default Re: Bed Pillows....anyone - Pacific Coast pillows?

it must be a chicago thing. many years ago i stayed at the ritz carlton. they had the most comfortable bed and pillows. i actually ordered the pillow through the ritz carlton gift shop. a king pillow was $100.00 if i could, i would order another 4 of them but i cannot justify that expense right now. i do not know who manufactured the pillow but would love to know!!!

p.s. i also orderd the mattress but not through the gift shop!!!! lol

Nancy Guest

Eeew on the dust mites. We purchase our Pacific Coast pillows right here at Costco in Chico, CA. The pillow label has their website as pacificcoast.com
    I may be trying a latex pillow very soon though.

seehere Guest

So this (old) post now has me wondering about furniture with down cushions! Could an upholstered sofa or chair have similar (gross) issues?

Not to the same degree, because what really attracts dust mites, is the heat and dead skin. Your head is on the pillow some 6 to 8 hours a night and is a little heat pump, all by itself. And like it or not, your body sheds skin every night. LOTS of it. So the pillow has the heat the dust mites love to live in - especially in the down - and the dead skin cells to feed upon/ Doubtful you would lay on a sofa long enough for a lot of dust mites to set up activity there.

Sofas have their own set of problems however, which is why I'd be careful buying a used one from a house with pets.

Fleas.

Fleas love upholstery to set shop up inside. Its dark, and they have a food source whenever someone or a pet sits on a sofa. We've handled PLENTY of old sofas where there are flea eggs inside and if we see them, won't put them in our truck but leave them on the curb for the customer to dispose of instead (I can't chance the possibility of flea migration from old sofas to my furniture pads in the truck and then into new furniture).
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

organic_smallhome Guest

Changed my mind. As I stated in an earlier post, we always bought our pillows from Cuddledown--and they were (and are) excellent quality. But a few months ago, we switched to latex (not Tempurpedic--just regular latex) and OMG: SOLD. Will never go back to regular pillows.

seehere Guest

I've been wanting to get a latex bed pillow but what I've seen seems too squishy. What brand did you end up with?

organic_smallhome Guest

Hi. We went with the Nature's Rest brand (the same brand as our bed):

http://www.us-mattress.com/natures-r...rm-pillow.html

A few reviews of it:

http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/n...pillow-reviews

Also, a bit less expensive on Overstock:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden...8/product.html