Hello there.

I'm glad I found this forum and it's great to be here. Soon the 50th birthday of my father-in-law is coming up. He likes Persian rugs but he was never able to afford one by himself. So with his anniversary coming up, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity. Nearly everybody of the relatives likes the idea and is willing to provide some money.

Now I spent a few hours searching online. But the more information I get, the more confused I get as well. So I stumbled across the forum and hopefully I can get some advice here. I would like to know where to buy a good (and cheap?) Persian. What are the main points we have to consider? I already read the above post about the good vs cheap rugs.

I checked some websites for classified adds. Some offer really cheap, used ones for sale, but I'm quite sceptical. I know, when it comes down to Persian rugs, there are a lot of fake ones out there and don't want to buy a fake copy. So anybody knows some good, trusted websites?

Right now we have a budget of about $ 2.500. Is this enough to get a real, small Persian? What size would be appropriate for this budget. Is it possible to get a good rug for that prize or is it totally unrealistic.

Sorry for all these questions, but I don't know much about Persian Rugs. I'm just trying to get my father-in-law a nice present. So if here some experts, any feedback is highly appreciated.