Thread: Moore Giles wet green leather

Seniorback Guest

Default Moore Giles wet green leather

Hi Duane,
    I recently noticed that when i go from The Keeping Room to Hancock and Moore and then to their leather products page, there is an icon for "Moore Giles". It reads "click to expand" and when i do one of the leather products is described as using a "wet green" process. It uses words like "sustainable" and gives the impression that this tanning process is not harmful to the environment. Also states that "green" now comes in many colors. Would appreciate your thoughts on this leather. Is Hancock and Moore allowing customers to choose from Moore Giles leather selections without regarding it as COM?
    Thanks much.

Default Re: Moore Giles wet green leather

Moore and Giles is one of the largest suppliers of leather to the trade, every leather maker in the country buys from them. That link to their website is there so you can learn about leathers and terminology, not to order hides for a particular maker. I suppose you can get those leathers as COL, but I do not know the process to do so.

Some tanneries are cleaner than others, but none of them are technically "green" in my opinion. Tanning leather is nasty business....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.