Thread: Spammers

Default Spammers

Recently there have been several new members coming onto the lists that are here only to give links to their commercial web sites. Typically their posts are off-topic in a category and their English is poor. I've been trying to walk a fine line in having other commercial businesses on the forum participate, but its clear many of these newbies are just looking for a way to advertise and post no useful content to other members. I'm going to start deleting these posts and banning members that do this, as spammers are NOT going to get a foothold in this forum.

To all new members who have commercial businesses or are involved in some aspect - tread lightly, and add useful content, or you'll be kicked.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

With a lot of them, if you check their IP address through a service like this one, you'll find that they're in Asia - where somebody's paying them to register in forum, after forum, after forum and make posts that include a client's link.

Ahhhhh...good to know! I think that is exactly what is happening.

I would really like to have other active members from the trade on this forum, I don't want to be the only voice from the industry - but it does seem like most the new registrants that are 'in the trade' are spammers.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Riddle Guest

I started to report one of them, but didn't feel right doing so as a newbie myself. Thank you for doing the housecleaning!