Thread: Hancock & Moore Mystery

LoveHM Guest

Default Hancock & Moore Mystery

Hello,

I am very glad I found this forum! I have learned so much, and especially appreciate Duane Collie's vast expertise and advice on the Hancock & Moore brand and other fine brands!

I have found and purchased what I *think* is an H&M sofa, but I cannot find the model anywhere online, so I thought Duane or someone here might be able to recognize it.

Maybe it is H&M?
    - Has all the proper stick-on tags under the middle cushion (see photo), and the attached tag with "Made by Hancock & Moore, Inc." at the bottom
    - Each zippered cushion has a tag inside with the Carpenter emblem at the top (which I believe is the maker of the Qualux foam). There is a 1993 date on these tags.
    - The sofa is attractive and the cushions are both plump and supportive.

Maybe it isn't H&M?
    - Leather is thin and shiny without much grain. It almost looks like vinyl, and makes noises when I move around on it. The swatch, although it is present and has a suede back, is very soft and does not smell like leather.
    - There is one grey, pinhead-sized spot near the stitching on one of the arms that looks like it has worn through the creme color, it doesn't look like the dye goes all the way through. Maybe the H&M Class I or Class II leathers are like this?
    - The arms are pillow-like and are unlike any of the other arms I see on H&M sofas online, but this may be because it is an older, discontinued model
    - The sofa is not that heavy - I would have expected an H&M frame to be heavier
    - The sofa has what looks like brass casters for feet

Do you recognize the model, color and leather of this sofa? I am happy with the purchase (even if I might have been duped! ). It is comfortable, attractive, and in great shape. I'm still curious, though, if anyone recognizes it and/or has additional info on this model.

Thanks so much!

Pat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2B99E1F0-30FD-43EA-AC15-3173D8027D85.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	10338   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8C2E3148-8863-4D5F-9E64-57B291B5038B.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	10340   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32F473E3-9A6C-4B9E-9E4C-9E725E433EEA.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	10339