Thread: hooker or bradington young recliners

Default hooker or bradington young recliners

Looking at option from Lauter in Easton Pa. Can anyone give me an idea what I can expect quality wise between the two? Price difference is approx $500

https://www.lauters.com/hooker-furni...formation.aspx
    https://www.lauters.com/bradington-y...formation.aspx

Default Re: hooker or bradington young recliners

Hooker is 100% made in China, and its nearly impossible to get parts for those units. Get a mechanism failure in a few years and most likely the unit goes in the landfill. The Hooker unit *may* have either vinyl / bi-cast / bonded / splits product on the secondary covering areas, it does not say for sure on the website, I suspect it will have.

Bradington Young is USA-made and will be more solid, better components, and parts are available. The unit is 100% Top Grain leather as well. It will be upholstered better, too.

Unless you simply do not have the extra $ 500 to spend, then I'd definitely go with the B-Y unit.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: hooker or bradington young recliners

We bought a hooker recliner and a Bradington Young sofa in January of this year. The recliner was very light and the side arms moved and did not feel stable. There was a worn spot on the leather that showed orange through within a month. Also, a few months in a few screws fell out of it. We sent it back along with the sofa which the leather appeared to be peeling and fading. We lost money for restock fee and ordered a Hancock and Moore sofa from Duane that is fabulous. We couldn't try recliners in our area in H&M so we bought a comfort design recliner my husband liked. We are happy with the recliner and the quality is much better than Hooker and twice the price, but no where near the quality of our H&M sofa. The issue we had with sofa was the leather and I feel like 90% of our problems was the furniture store we bought it from because they put us off for months and acted as if they needed to wait for BY. From here on out we will probably only purchase and recommend H&M, but I feel like the BY would be worth the extra 500 if you get from reputable store.