Thread: I think I just wrecked my husband's recliner. Help!

Threaded View

Default I think I just wrecked my husband's recliner. Help!

We ordered four pieces of Bradington Young leather furniture from a local dealer that was delivered in July & August, 2017. All of it is covered in a semi-aniline (9110-48). When it was delivered I cleaned & protected it with Leather Solutions products and I've been applying them every three months.

This morning I noticed that my husband's recliner looked "grimy" on the headrest, like there was a white film on it. He sits in it every night for several hours and I assumed there was a build of of body oils from his head. While he was out of the house this afternoon, I decided it would be a good time to clean it again, but something went horribly wrong.

I used the Leather Solutions cleaner on a damp sponge, wiped it dry with a terry towel, then swiped it with the leather softener with a clean white cloth. The clean white cloth I used with the softener came away with some dirt on it, so I decided to go over it again with the leather cleaner, then started rubbing it dry with the terry towel. No color or marks are on the towel, but there is now a big discolored area on the chair! It looks like maybe the topcoat came off? Why did this happen and can this be fixed? We have never used anything but Leather Solutions on the furniture and it was not treated with anything by the dealer. I am ready to be sick to my stomach!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2453.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	195.0 KB 
ID:	10590Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2452.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	10589
    Last edited by Raina; 01-20-2018 at 05:41 PM.