Thread: Down comforters

Judyg951 Guest

Default Down comforters

I currently have a Hotel down comforter and started having problems. It's a baffle box sewn one and the down is always shifting to one side and to the center. it leaves my poor husband freezing at night. I'm looking for a new one, but don't want to be constantly replacing it. I think this one is around 7 or 8 years old.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: Down comforters

Cuddledown makes a nice product, my wife and I have several. Be careful not to get one too thick, you could sleep out in the forest in the dead of winter with one of these and never get cold. We tend to like the lightest weight "Blanket" series. They last a very long time.

https://www.cuddledown.com/ShopCategory.aspx?ID=71,3174
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

We have a three Ralph Lauren comforters that work for us, one we bought maybe 10 years ago and the others 4 years ago. They are thick though and too heavy for me during the summer, but my wife uses it year round. They are quilted so no problems with the stuffing moving around. They can be $200-300 but I didn't pay that much for any of them. You can find sales often, or even new on eBay for older patterns. Ours are synthetic fill since my wife is allergic to down.

Cuddledown is the way to go. Not cheap but you get what you pay for.