Hello,
I am looking to purchase a sofa and loveseat. Originally I was hoping to pay about 4 - 5 K, but given my parameters, I really don't know any more (so I am willing to spend more now). I looked at Ethan Allen (and found terrible reviews about product and customer service) and realized that they do the drop in spring system, which I have learned I don't want, plus they shifted to plywood frames. I saw many designer recommendations for Lee Industries, and again ran into really bad reviews). My wife and I saw sofas from both companies locally (as we plan to buy locally - Cape Cod or Boston region).

We went to Jordan's a big enterprise up here with 7 locations, and looked at Kincaid, which has very few reviews anywhere. No reviews may be a good thing I think, because people tend to write reviews more often when they are angry than pleased. But Jordan's customer service also has a lot of negative reviews. Also, I have dogs, and Kincaid voids their entire warranty if there is evidence of pets on the sofa! So then I saw recommendations for Thomasville brand, and again I encountered a slew of horrible reviews. My parents, when they were alive had two small furniture stores in Phila and they carried Thomasville brand. But that was from a time when quality was much better I guess.

So, I am looking for companies that might be better for me to look at without all the awful reviews. I just read a lot of the posts here and I see H&M recommended a lot. So I looked up reviews - hard to find, but some good ones including from our wonderful host here. It will be about a 2 hour drive each way to go see them (but I have no idea of their pricing yet).

Here is my question. Given a price range of about 6K for both sofa and love seat, is it reasonable to find a sofa (87" +/- 2") and loveseat with seat depth of about 23", with welted wrapped spring type seat cushions (so they hold up better), in a performance fabric (Crypton possibly)(not slip cover) with a traditional design (sock arm or English arm), with real 8-way tied springs or well made sinuous design, that is custom made so we can choose a fabric. Are there other brands out there that aren't buried with bad reviews, that could meet my needs. Does what I want actually exist, perhaps with real solid hardwood frames that are going to last a long time with proper care?!

Thanks so much for creating and hosting this forum. It is really helpful.