Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hancock & Moore Meadows Sofa

kaojoe Guest

Default Hancock & Moore Meadows Sofa

Hi - I'm new here, but looking for a leather sofa and chair for a small den. My husband and I have a young son and this room, although small, gets most of the sitting and lounging in our house. Also, we eat in here on a fairly regular basis. I like the looks of the meadows sofa and was thinking of getting a grade 2 protected leather. What are your thoughts and can you give me a quote on price? Thanks.

You've got to watch that low back height on the Meadows sofa, at 32.5" is much lower than average and because of that its one really not built for comfort, but for style. I'd be reluctant to recommend it based on the usage you describe for your home and family. The # 4263 Studio will give you much of the same form and its 1.5" higher in the back. Still, I'd opt for a 35" to 36" back height piece for a primary 'den' or family room sofa. I'd be more inclined to steer you to something like the # 4111 Garden Sofa (granted, you are giving up some of the look of the Meadows) or # 1233 Lennon Sofa.

Price on the Meadows in a Grade 2 from my store is $ 3,003 plus shipping.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

kaojoe Guest

What do you think of the Restoration sofa in Columbia Coffee? I like the picture in the photos section. Do you think that has the comfort we need? How about the durability of the leather?

kaojoe Guest

and what would be the price for Restoration sofa in Columbia Coffee?

THe Restoration works, that's a popular sofa. I'm comfortable on that one and I'm a pretty big guy. Durability of the leather is all about lifestyle and owner maintenance. If you stay in a Serviceability 2 rated leather (price grades 1, 2 and a few 3) and disipline yourself to clean the leather every 6 months, it will last several decades. Failure to clean the leather is the # 1 cause of leather furniture failure, by far.

The # 4175 is available in Town and Country collection in Fenway Saddle (Nice leather, a price class 2 !) for $ 2,659 plus shipping. In Colombia, Class 1, it would be $ 2,693.
    Go with the Fenway...that's a really nice bargain on that one.
    Duane Collie

kaojoe Guest

Thanks for the help. The Fenway Saddle scares me because it's unprotected. Is that something I should worry about?

I personally think too much emphasis is placed on 'unprotected'. Its a Serviceability 3 rating, which means it will repel most anything other then heavy oils, ammonia, and vinegar (or other acids). I have several 'unprotected' leather pieces in my home and in regular use - not a stain on any of them and we don't particularly baby the pieces.
    Duane Collie

kaojoe Guest

Any chance of getting either of these (journey or meadows) into a 30" doorway?

The Journey is not going through a 30" doorway. The Meadows should provided only threshold is unobstructed on each side of the doorway.
    Duane Collie

kaojoe Guest

What about the restoration?
    What exactly do you mean by unobstructed threshold?