Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bradigton Young # 960-35 Imagine Power Recliner Leather 90400-28

Default Bradigton Young # 960-35 Imagine Power Recliner Leather 90400-28

This is the first of the new articulating headrest series recliners to come through my store. On this piece, its both a conventional recliner with near-zero wallspace required (3") and then has an articulating headrest in addition to the recline feature. All are power operated. Standard is a plug-in unit, and you can upgrade to a battery pack for an additional $ 155 if you like. The power controller on the inside arm allows you to operate the recliner to and fro, with an additional set of buttons that run the headrest forward and back. A USB Port is also on the switch to allow you to plug in your phone or tablet. Spring Down Seat is standard. The 9049 Series leather is called "Stargo" and its a finished hide, with a silky finish and good drape on it. Has a nice hand to it, however I expect this leather to show color wear on top of the arms near the handrest as it ages - keep that area cleaned and conditioned regularly for best longevity. It's a GR 2 leather.

The Recliner itself has a higher degree of pitch to the back to my observations when the chair is upright and recliner is closed. This is more a function of my height than that chair itself - I'm 5' 11" and a 6' 1" man would probably fit perfectly in it. When your legs are not quite long enough you tend to sit forward in the chair rather than all the way back and that changes the pitch angle for you. This is a large recliner and a heavy unit. Very solid. Once into the recliner modes its delightfully comfortable and with the adjustable headrest you can dial in a near-perfect recline position between the two controls.

Tailoring on this unit is excellent. Bradington Young has upped their game in this area over years past. I looked both these over carefully and could find nothing but top-shelf workmanship on both chairs being delivered to the customer today. B-Y has really driven itself to specialize in the motion furniture category and while not inexpensive (this unit sells for $ 2,478 + shipping as shown) it has high quality components and should give a great recliner experience for many years.

As with all power recliners the key to making them last is to make sure you do not get out of the unit until its fully closed and do not allow anyone to sit on the footrest when its open.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R7.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	175.0 KB 
ID:	11004Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R1.jpg 
Views:	474 
Size:	157.2 KB 
ID:	11005Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R2.jpg 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	11006Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R3.jpg 
Views:	446 
Size:	151.8 KB 
ID:	11007Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R5.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	11008
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Bradigton Young # 960-35 Imagine Power Recliner Leather 90400-28

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    This is the first of the new articulating headrest series recliners to come through my store. On this piece, its both a conventional recliner with near-zero wallspace required (3") and then has an articulating headrest in addition to the recline feature. All are power operated. Standard is a plug-in unit, and you can upgrade to a battery pack for an additional $ 155 if you like. The power controller on the inside arm allows you to operate the recliner to and fro, with an additional set of buttons that run the headrest forward and back. A USB Port is also on the switch to allow you to plug in your phone or tablet. Spring Down Seat is standard. The 9049 Series leather is called "Stargo" and its a finished hide, with a silky finish and good drape on it. Has a nice hand to it, however I expect this leather to show color wear on top of the arms near the handrest as it ages - keep that area cleaned and conditioned regularly for best longevity. It's a GR 2 leather.

The Recliner itself has a higher degree of pitch to the back to my observations when the chair is upright and recliner is closed. This is more a function of my height than that chair itself - I'm 5' 11" and a 6' 1" man would probably fit perfectly in it. When your legs are not quite long enough you tend to sit forward in the chair rather than all the way back and that changes the pitch angle for you. This is a large recliner and a heavy unit. Very solid. Once into the recliner modes its delightfully comfortable and with the adjustable headrest you can dial in a near-perfect recline position between the two controls.

Tailoring on this unit is excellent. Bradington Young has upped their game in this area over years past. I looked both these over carefully and could find nothing but top-shelf workmanship on both chairs being delivered to the customer today. B-Y has really driven itself to specialize in the motion furniture category and while not inexpensive (this unit sells for $ 2,478 + shipping as shown) it has high quality components and should give a great recliner experience for many years.

As with all power recliners the key to making them last is to make sure you do not get out of the unit until its fully closed and do not allow anyone to sit on the footrest when its open.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R7.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	175.0 KB 
ID:	11004Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R1.jpg 
Size:	157.2 KB 
ID:	11005Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R2.jpg 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	11006Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R3.jpg 
Views:	446 
Size:	151.8 KB 
ID:	11007Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R5.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	11008

Thanks so much for sharing this. This is my main contender in my hunt for furniture.

A few questions:

1) "Higher degree of pitch when closed". Does this mean higher degree of slouch/leanback, or it's more upright?

2) What's the weight limit on the 960 seats when reclined? Is it the same across the board for the 960 - 17/18, 35, and 90?

3) The 960 description in the B-Y price list says it has a "tight bustle" back, while the 964 (and 962) are just "bustle'. Any insight on the difference between the two backs, and why someone would prefer one over another?

Thank you!

More lean-back. So you are further tilted back in the chair when its upright.

Most recliner mechanisms are rated to 340 lb. I would have to call for specifics per model.

A tight bustle cannot be flipped "up", its sewn onto the leather and you cannot get to the cushion core inside. A loose bustle can be flipped up and over to access the inner cushion core via a zipper.
    Duane Collie

This is an awesome color. I can't find this Leather at BY anymore (tried searching the number and the name). I don't understand why their website has so few pictures and so much outdated information. Their leather manifest PDF includes leathers that they no longer carry. H&M's website is a dream in comparison.

I have read a few times elsewhere in the forum that BY turns over their leathers very quickly but do you have a strategy to assess the pricing levels? My wife and I are looking at the motion pieces to go with a stationary H&M sofa. So far, the H&M leathers in the T&C program we have gravitated towards (prior to our visit to The keeping room anyways) are Juno and Tilton and maybe Gunner or Piazza. Any advice on how to target leathers similar to these in the BY lineup?

Thanks and Happy Sunday!

Bradington Young has a terrible website, I complain about it constantly to upper management with no avail. I think it's pretty obvious that whoever makes that decision at B-Y on where the money goes for advertising and marketing isn't someone who shops websites much. The furniture industry as a whole is still a brick and mortar biased enterprise, websites continue to be an afterthought and quite honestly they don't want to spend the money it takes to build and maintain good ones. They want you as the consumer to buy from your local dealer, in the store, and as such websites are not a priority. The reply I often get as we is "We are trying to control prices - do you really want to see a percentage price increase in order to have a world-class website?" It's expensive - these online presences. The Keeping Room spent $ 3,200 in the past 6 months just keeping this forum up and running smoothly, for example.

Yes, greens are "out", blues are "in", so there is not much in green leathers in the samples right now. B-Y does not have the leather selection that H&M does, they are primarily finished leathers in GR1, with a handful of pure anilines. B-Y is more mainstream, H&M is more custom orientated.
    Duane Collie

I appreciate that you have made them aware in the past. I can also appreciate that they aren't a direct to consumer business so why would they invest in that line of communication. If every dealer was even half as knowledgable as you...the website would hardly be an issue but that is not the reality.

Without this forum...I would be awaiting delivery from pottery barn and so I thank you for preventing me from making that mistake.

Too bad about the greens being out of favor but there are plenty of options. My impression is that the BY 900 series considered to be a higher tier within the BY motion catalog. Is that correct?

The reason I ask is that we were able to sit on a 200 series and it did not have the unattractive cut outs on the back like the 900 series. We are debating between the 2nd generation H&M motion your way and a BY motion but wanted to do as fair a comparison as possible with the highest end BY offering.

Thanks again!

The BY 900 series is not in a higher tier than the 200 BY series. The BY 200 series is actually newer, and the main differences between the 200 and 900 series are that the 200 pieces do not have a split back and are considered "wall huggers", where they only need to be about 3" inches from the wall to fully recline. A standard recliner needs to be about a full foot from the wall to fully recline.

The 200 BY Series is comparable to the 2nd Generation H&M Motion Your Way program.

Thank you for the insight. It's interesting that BY would keep around both the 200 and the 900 lines. I'm not aware of H&M making a 2nd generation motion your way loveseat....is that something new they are going to release or am I just not seeing it in their offerings?

Thanks so much!

Easy answer. The "200" series from B-Y and H&M Your Way 2 parts and mechanisms are in short supply, they can't get them in quantities needed. Because of that, Hancock and Moore did a "soft" rollout on Your Way 2 at Market last Fall. It's available, but they really don't want us to sell it right now because time frames are long due to supplier shortages. Your Way Motion 1 comes from a different suppler (same as the 900 series). B-Y has better access to the "200" series parts because they sell far more than H&M in motion, and are much larger in size.
    Duane Collie

Easy answer for you...not other dealers haha. I asked a local salesperson about the difference in the 200 and 900 series and they were unaware that there was one. They were also unaware that they had one piece from each series on their own showroom floor...I had to gently suggest that they the pieces were different and not from the same line...sigh

Makes sense that the bigger seller in volume would have greater access from the manufacturer. Hopefully H&M will be able to get more of these mechanisms so they can be more encouraging of the 2nd generation series. Is it possible to order a love seat in the your way 2nd gen line at this time? or will that possibly be announced at the market in April?

Thank you again for empowering us all with your knowledge...it helps make more informed decisions!!!