Thread: Cochrane Furniture worth of recovering?

erf65eldser Guest

Default Cochrane Furniture worth of recovering?

I have a cochrane loveseat that has seen better days. It's extremely comfortable to sit in; but the fabris is showing it's 15 or so years. I think it was actually made in Lincolnton, NC - back before almost everything was sent overseas.

Is this name worthy of being recovered? It's in our study, we we use it some but it's not our everday sitting area. Before i got a laptop- ha- it seems that my husband and i lived in the study to use the computer and the loveseat was sat in all the time.

Thanks,

Beth

I can't tell you based on name brand, but as a general guideline, recovering is probably going to run about 75% the cost of similar new piece. In a way, its not really an economical move, and I'd recommend recovering only if its a family heirloom, or in exceptionally good shape and you cannot find a current style you like. When recovering, a lot depends on the cost of your material and yardage used. Something fully skirted with loose cushions is a real fabric hog, others such as tight seated camelbacks don't use much yardage at all.

If you decide to go new, don't forget that you can donate your old one to charity and get a tax write off as well.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.