Thread: Eldred Wheeler furniture

Default Eldred Wheeler furniture

https://eldredwheeler.com

Through facebook i follow a page called Horton Brasses Inc. They post some very nice looking pieces made by people using their hardware. Today they posted that Eldred Wheeler has used been using rheir hardware since 1978. I expected to find a small company but was surprised by how large their catalog is online. Is this a company you have or would use? You mentioned that one of your suppliers has retired which motivated me to post this today.

Default Re: Eldred Wheeler furniture

If you search for Eldred Wheeler on this forum you will find a bunch of posts, like this informative one from Duane. Basically in the 80s they were good and since then they have gone out of business and someone else bought the rights to the name a bunch of times. I don't know about their current quality but I would be skeptical.

Eldred Wheeler has faded off the map in recent years - I haven't head anything about them in quite some time. I would never use them as a supplier again for my store, even if they were the last furniture maker in the USA.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Danw99 View Post
    If you search for Eldred Wheeler on this forum you will find a bunch of posts, like this informative one from Duane. Basically in the 80s they were good and since then they have gone out of business and someone else bought the rights to the name a bunch of times. I don't know about their current quality but I would be skeptical.
    Thank you for the link. As always, an interesting read.