First, I recently discovered this forum when we started looking into purchasing a replacement for the leather sofa we've had for 24 years. I have spent a lot of time perusing the various subjects and learning about leather types, etc. I have found it immensely interesting and helpful, so many, many thanks to Duane and all the people out there who so generously offer their time and expertise posting photos, personal experiences with their leather purchases, and helpful suggestions.

Because of the layout of our upstairs TV area and size constraints, we need to purchase a sofa and loveseat combination; a sofa and chair/ottoman don't work in the space. Right away that limits the models that are available with Hancock and Moore as many don't offer loveseats. Our current sofa is 82 inches long and fits the space well--we need to stay between 82-88 inches with the replacement. That said, one of the best options size-wise is the City Sofa 9840 and Loveseat 9839. I feel pretty sure that the 20.5-inch seat depth would be comfortable for me ( I am 5'3") since that is what we have in a some of our other furniture.

Then I discovered the "Your Way" option. We have a traditional home. The 87-inch size would work fine. I love the style of the English arm with the T-cushion option and rounded corner box cushion back cushions. It reminded me of the Bradley Sofa which I found very attractive but had to rule out due to the lack of a love seat option (the apartment size option was too long). Since the sofa and love seat will be perpendicular to each other with a square end table between them, I think the English arm would probably look better and visually less congested than the full-extension rolled arm on the City Sofa in the area where the sofa and love seat converge (even though they won't touch of course. ) The arm of the City Sofa seems sort of long to me from a side view.

My only concern is that the seat depth of the "Your Way" sofa is 22.5 inches. I am not sure if that extra two inches would be an issue as I have been told that's a pretty common depth for a sofa. Even though I am short, my husband is 5'10 so I'm not the only one using it. I sometimes sit back and slouch a little when watching TV so I could put a little lumbar pillow there if necessary.

My question is this. Have any of you seen or at least sat in the Your Way sofa (standard depth, any arm style) and is the seat depth comfortable? (Yes, I know that comfort is subjective but I'm asking anyway.) What about the City Sofa? I've heard that the City Sofa is a comfortable model but haven't heard much about the Your Way styles. They both are close in overall depth and height with loose back cushions, so Duane, do you think they would they be similar in back pitch? I contacted Hancock and Moore and the customer service representatives couldn't answer these type of technical details about their products and the local stores don't have them. I am leaning towards the Your Way sofa from a design standpoint but of course it has to be comfortable also. Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere locally to try these sofas out in person, though I have sat on another H&M sofa, as well as some of their chairs and recliners to get an idea of the seat size and cushion options. Generally everything I tried was pretty comfortable.

It's pretty scary to think about ordering an expensive sofa that I've never sat in, but most of the leather sofas I have tried out in the stores are lower quality and won't hold up. Even though they are not that well made, many seemed comfortable enough for me, so I'd have to think that H&M would be a huge improvement over those.

Any insights into these two models would be great appreciated. Thanks!