Thread: Your Way or City Sofa?

Threaded View

Default Re: Your Way or City Sofa?

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    When you do custom size modifications, you can have the seat cushions the same size as the sofa, OR spec the overall length of the loveseat - but not both. Usually when just dropping the center sections the cost of the modification is less.

Yes, you can usually opt for a different leg, a wedge leg being the easiest. Some turned wood legs will fit as well. H&M will not do the leg swaps if it changes the pitch dramatically.
    Thanks. I sent a quote request to you for the modifications. What I would want is to make the cushions the same size as the sofa, whatever size it ends up being in the two-seater. That said, if they compute the mod charge by taking the base price of the sofa and then charging a fee to drop the middle seat, it still would be worth comparing it to modifying the smaller, apartment-size in the Bradley since there is a considerable difference in retail price ($1500 to 2800 less) for the smaller one-- i.e. even if the mod charge is higher, the overall cost might be less. I guess they will have to look at it both ways and see what's most cost-effective.

Do they usually charge for the leg swaps? It would be great if they can just advise me what the options are that would work and quote the price and I'll decide from there.
    Last edited by SJGTx; 08-16-2018 at 08:54 PM.