Thread: Hancock & Moore

Default Hancock & Moore

The wife and I were out looking for a new sofa for our family room as the Natuzzi we have has given up the ship. We went and looked at a Hancock and Moore leather motion sectional that we loved but when I found out the price ($17000.00) I about fell of the thing. Is that the going price of them? We also looked at Bradington Young and Natuzzi Italia, all of which were about the same price. I know I haven't bought furniture in 14 years but have they really gone up that much?

Default Re: Hancock & Moore

My vote is H&M.
    Call Duane for a quote for the sofa you pick and you may be pleasantly surprised as we were. We have a Hancock and Moore sundance purchased through Duane and are very pleased.

Was $14k the MSRP? Big difference if that was the MSRP or the selling price, as they always sell way under MSRP. Sectionals can get pricey though depending on how big they are and the grade of leather on them.

You can build a sectional a lot of different ways, and there are (5) price grades of leather - so there's not really enough information provided to go on. Prices are not quoted in the public forum, but you can fill in the request for a quote (using the model numbers of the components and leather grade) in the section here for that purpose, and I will send you a price quote.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thanks for all the replies. There was no negotiating with this salesman. Wife and her friend went out yesterday and found a Natuzzi similar to what we had. We got 14 years out of the last one. I just couldn't wrap my head around $17k, the price of a small car

Good luck with the Natuzzi, hope it works out for you. FYI if you would have taken 5 min to fill out the quote request you would have seen the H&M unit come in many thousands less.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1956 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. There was no negotiating with this salesman. Wife and her friend went out yesterday and found a Natuzzi similar to what we had. We got 14 years out of the last one. I just couldn't wrap my head around $17k, the price of a small car
    This is a perfect example of someone who seems to do some research (since you found this forum), values his money, yet makes decisions without a clue. $17k is a lot of money for a piece of furniture, but you did yourself a disservice. Part of research is to provide others with details, such as model #, leather grade and then ask for advice. And, not buying a couch in a week.

Look luck with Natuzzi. I hope others read this and learn from it