Thread: How you make a Wing Chair: Hancock and Moore # 9140 Hepworth with custom ottoman

Default How you make a Wing Chair: Hancock and Moore # 9140 Hepworth with custom ottoman

This was ordered for a three-decade customer of mine, who wanted a classic wing chair and ottoman that was done right. The fabric is COM (Customer's Own Material) and the Ottoman didn't exist in the Hancock and Moore catalog, so they made one from scratch to match the chair. Try to find another maker who will do that in today's day and age.

It was raining here in Northern Virginia as it has been for the last 30 days, so I could not take photos outside, sorry. But what I want to show you is the attention to detail, and this piece is perfect to do this on as it has a large pattern damask. When you buy something that's in a material like this, you want to check the pattern match. Even the most basic maker will do a front match (seat cushion & inside back) but the real work is when you pattern match the sides and back. H&M even pattern-matched the ottoman to the chair seat, which you rarely see. Look at how the pattern flows when the ottoman is pushed up to the chair.

The lines are crisp on all four sides of this piece and the nail trim work is spot on. Really nice execution here. Old World craftsmanship still exists. It's not an inexpensive piece, but like most things you get what you pay for.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8356.jpg 
Views:	591 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	11206Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8357.jpg 
Views:	534 
Size:	187.6 KB 
ID:	11207Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8358.jpg 
Views:	550 
Size:	190.7 KB 
ID:	11208
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: How you make a Wing Chair: Hancock and Moore # 9140 Hepworth with custom ottoman

This is gorgeous! Love, love, love.