Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hancock & Moore # 5067 Tavern Sofa in Capri Navy

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 5067 Tavern Sofa in Capri Navy

Just a personal opinion, but 110" is really long for a sofa, especially one in this style. I don't think it would look very good.
    Last edited by drcollie; 01-27-2021 at 05:11 PM.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 5967 Tavern Sofa in Capri Navy

Is this style still available? On the website it doesn't look anything like it. We hate the look of cusions and would like it all tufted. I also like the curve front but the tavern on the website does not have it...
    http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...as/Tavern-Sofa

What was the back height on that?

If a particular piece is no longer on the H&M website than it has been retired.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

That's a shame. What are the customization options for H&M? Do they have any for their models? like tufted seat vs cushions?
    They do have the Tavern but it looks very different than this one.

Custom tufting is VERY costly and generally not done for that reason, it can double the price of the unit. There are tufted seat sofas on their website - such as the Kent Series. The 5967 is gone and there are no frames left.
    Last edited by drcollie; 01-25-2021 at 03:52 PM.
    Duane Collie

Yes, I saw the Kent, but I find it too boxy, I would like something with more curves. It's a bummer they are so inflexible.

H&M is not inflexible. The fact of the matter is they did not sell enough units to maintain that frame in inventory, and they clear out all low-selling units to make way for new models. Every 6 months, approximately twenty frames and twenty leathers are dropped, and that many added that are new.

Frames are cut from patterns. When they make the parts, which they do in-house, they cut enough components to do about eight frames and keep them in a bin. When a frame is dropped, there may be enough parts to make a new one. I called and checked, there are none. Did they throw the patterns out? I don't know...that requires a lot of phone calls to find out, both at the frame factory and the leather / cushion core facility. All patterns are tossed, usually 90 days after a frame drop. Then there are no more patterns to make them from, these are not CAD/Cam designed and on a computer somewhere.

Here's what I can do for you - you call me at the store at 703-360-6399 and we will see what it will cost to build you a # 5967 sofa from scratch, I will do the work to get that for you as long as you are prepared to write the check for the custom one-off. And that will be a big check. To make sure we are all serious about this, there will be a $ 50 fee for me to begin this project through Hancock and Moore. Just to start with there will be a hours worth of phone calls to be made.
    Last edited by drcollie; 01-27-2021 at 11:24 AM.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    H&M is not inflexible. The fact of the matter is they did not sell enough units to maintain that frame in inventory, and they clear out all low-selling units to make way for new models. Every 6 months, approximately twenty frames and twenty leathers are dropped, and that many added that are new.

Frames are cut from patterns. When they make the parts, which they do in-house, they cut enough components to do about eight frames and keep them in a bin. When a frame is dropped, there may be enough parts to make a new one. I called and checked, there are none. Did they throw the patterns out? I don't know...that requires a lot of phone calls to find out, both at the frame factory and the leather / cushion core facility. All patterns are tossed, usually 90 days after a frame drop. Then there are no more patterns to make them from, these are not CAD/Cam designed and on a computer somewhere.

Here's what I can do for you - you call me at the store at 703-360-6399 and we will see what it will cost to build you a # 5967 sofa from scratch, I will do the work to get that for you as long as you are prepared to write the check for the custom one-off. And that will be a big check. To make sure we are all serious about this, there will be a $ 50 fee for me to begin this project through Hancock and Moore. Just to start with there will be a hours worth of phone calls to be made.
    Sounds like a fair proposal. I just called and hit one for sales but nobody was there, just a voicemail. Will try again later.

OK, in a really weird, strange twist of fate - this unit is still available. It was taken off the website in error back in October and you can buy it as a regular item.

I do have a typo on the model number however, the correct model number is # 5067, which is why when I called on it a few days ago they said it was long ago dropped.

It will be in the new price book now being printed effective Feb 15th. Might still be a bit before you see it on H&M's website, however.

This is good news, because I think this is one of the best sofas - and most detailed - that Hancock and Moore makes.
    Last edited by drcollie; 01-27-2021 at 05:41 PM.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    OK, in a really weird, strange twist of fate - this unit is still available. It was taken off the website in error back in October and you can buy it as a regular item.

I do have a typo on the model number however, the correct model number is # 5067, which is why when I called on it a few days ago they said it was long ago dropped.

It will be in the new price book now being printed effective Feb 15th. Might still be a bit before you see it on H&M's website, however.

This is good news, because I think this is one of the best sofas - and most detailed - the Hancock and Moore makes.
    Thanks for digging in. I will call you later