Thread: California King Bedroom Set, help me find one please

TaraMc Guest

Default California King Bedroom Set, help me find one please

Hi,

I live in Nothern NJ (NYC suburb) in a 60's small ranch home. My bedroom in tiny and I am looking to get new furniture for it. I am looking for dark with clean lines. I need a cal king bed frame no taller than 54" and it can't have a foot board (my husband is very tall). I would also like a chest of drawers that is fairly tall and definitely wide, maybe 48" h and 64" w, and then a taller skinny one too, and a small nightstand.

I like this type of style:

portman, restoration hardware

But, I want something a little more modern, less curvy and cooler knobs, maybe something in brushed nickle.

Of course I would like the best quality for the lowest price possible, who doesn't? LOL I have checked out the less expensive chain furniture stores around here (Macys, Raymour and Flanigan, etc.) and have not found anything that quite hits the mark. Sometimes the style looks nice, but the quality is not up to par, or I like the design, but the pieces aren't the right size. Because of the size and layout (windows, closet, door) I need to find pieces in or around the sizes I mentioned above.

I would like to keep the price tag below or at $5K. I can forgo the nightstand if necessary.

Is this possible? Where can I look?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: California King Bedroom Set, help me find one please

Just as very general information, Department stores and Mall stores "usually" have the lowest quality per dollar paid out. Most of the time you can get more for your money shopping dedicated furniture stores that are not in the high rent locations.

Good luck!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

karlos Guest

try Sears, it is made in china and cheap l

nhpinnacles Guest

Try Ethan Allen they have a wide range of styles from traditional to modern. They would give you a good looking bedroom within your budget. If you are able to wait they always go on sale. I believe most of there lines are imported but one bedroom set comes out of Vermont and is a well made product. Two other lines to look at would be Copeland (USA)and Durham ( Canada) both excellent quality. If you like metal try Wesley Allen they are made in CA. The websites of each would tell you where to find a retailer in your area.

Good Luck with your search.

jchrestman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TaraMc View Post
    Hi,

I live in Nothern NJ (NYC suburb) in a 60's small ranch home. My bedroom in tiny and I am looking to get new furniture for it. I am looking for dark with clean lines. I need a cal king bed frame no taller than 54" and it can't have a foot board (my husband is very tall). I would also like a chest of drawers that is fairly tall and definitely wide, maybe 48" h and 64" w, and then a taller skinny one too, and a small nightstand.

I like this type of style:

portman, restoration hardware

But, I want something a little more modern, less curvy and cooler knobs, maybe something in brushed nickle.

Of course I would like the best quality for the lowest price possible, who doesn't? LOL I have checked out the less expensive chain furniture stores around here (Macys, Raymour and Flanigan, etc.) and have not found anything that quite hits the mark. Sometimes the style looks nice, but the quality is not up to par, or I like the design, but the pieces aren't the right size. Because of the size and layout (windows, closet, door) I need to find pieces in or around the sizes I mentioned above.

I would like to keep the price tag below or at $5K. I can forgo the nightstand if necessary.

Is this possible? Where can I look?

Thanks in advance!

TaraMc,
    when you mentioned metal (burnished nickel) i thought of this place:
    http://www.beniciafoundry.com/
    i would like something from them, but am still on the fence (the camden iron bed). i believe you have choice of with or without foot board on beds. i have no experience with their products, but have found them good on the phone. if anyone else on this site has more info on benicia please chime in.
    regards,
    john