Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H&M Springfield Sofa and Recliner in Milan Saddle

jchrestman Guest

Default H&M Springfield Sofa and Recliner in Milan Saddle

Duane,
    Received the H&M Springfield Sofa (4445) and Recliner (7065) in Milan Saddle along with the Restoration Ottoman (4273) in Fenway Crimson yesterday, 10/13/09.

Absolutely beautiful. The Milan leather is prone to some scratching but that just adds to the character, something both my wife and I enjoy. The color is a rich lustrous brown. The leather itself is soft and buttery and looks and feels much more like all the high end leather swatches we looked at, 50 or 60 at least.

I have tried to include some sample pics for people to see both for the leather and the sofa, for which no one seems to have expressed an interest. One thing of note, the construction by H&M created marginal pull up, but you can see how the leather could be made to have a dramatic pull up effect.

I have a question regarding the chair cushion that I'll call you about, but don't worry it's not a big thing.

Thanks so much,
    John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1140050.jpg 
Views:	1219 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	531   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1140056.jpg 
Views:	1227 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	532   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1140057.jpg 
Views:	1034 
Size:	132.5 KB 
ID:	533   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1140060.jpg 
Views:	1093 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	534   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1140065.jpg 
Views:	979 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	535  

Last edited by jchrestman; 10-14-2009 at 07:48 PM.

Riddle Guest

Default Re: H&M Springfield Sofa and Recliner in Milan Saddle

Thank you for posting the photos, John. I just realized that I never gave a second though to the Springfield sofa on the H & M web site because of the animal print leather on it. I can usually see beyond things like that, but not this time. It's actually a very handsome piece in the leather you chose!

Hi John,

Outstanding! That came pretty fast all the way to California....did West Express do a good job on delivery for you?

The Milan Saddle looks great. Wait until you have owned it for a about a year, the leather will pick up a handsome patina to it and the wear marks will give it a comfortable "lived in" look. It will show more "pull-up" effects as time goes by as well.

Everything looks great in your room, too! The color is perfect. Think you nailed it for the room.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

jchrestman Guest

Default Thanks Riddle......

We really didn't take a close look at it until I became interested in the Springfield Recliner. You're right, you really have to look past the picture on H&M's site that appears to have two leathers, the trim strip, and what looks like fabric covering on the cushions to get a vision of the sofa. It fits my wife perfectly....she's 5'6". I really do love the leather and as Duane has said I wish there were more than the one color in Milan leather. For a class 2 leather it is hard to beat, though designated as unprotected I still love it.
    Regards,
    John

jchrestman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Hi John,

Outstanding! That came pretty fast all the way to California....did West Express do a good job on delivery for you?

The Milan Saddle looks great. Wait until you have owned it for a about a year, the leather will pick up a handsome patina to it and the wear marks will give it a comfortable "lived in" look. It will show more "pull-up" effects as time goes by as well.

Everything looks great in your room, too! The color is perfect. Think you nailed it for the room.
    The West Express guys were great. I was their last delivery and they had had a horrendous day with every previous customer/delivery being a complete pain in the a$$. They had brought and placed the sofa and chair when one of them came in and timidly asked what color the ottoman was. "Red", I said as a smile of relief came over his face and he yelled out to the other guy "It's supposed to be red". They thought there was a mix up because the ottoman wasn't the same color. All went well. I offered them a beverage and we sat in the kitchen BSing for 15 or 20 minutes. They then moved several pieces of furniture out to the garage and I gave them a suitable tip and we were ALL HAPPY.

You're right about the Milan Saddle, I think it will age beautifully. You know, we never did see a swatch of that leather. We read what you had to say and trusted. Absolutely NO regrets. This leather should make it onto a lot of people's radar that are looking for a rich deep mellow brown once they see the pics and absorb what you have had to say.

Could not have done it without you!

Thanks again.

Regards,
    John

Rafree1 Guest

That leather is stunning! And I love the tight back on this one. LOVE it! No more Milan saddle? Love the variations in it from the super rich dark with the bursts of color running throughout as an under tone.

Milan Saddle is gone....
    Duane Collie

Rafree1 Guest

I see that. I will stop bumping threads from as far back as 2008 now that I've ordered from you, finally! That's that research. It was a gorgeous piece though so perhaps it'll give a few new people another glimpse at what Hancock and Moore can do with a piece. This looks so good! Btw, thanks so much for your help today. I would like to have something to sit on besides the love seat. We have four people here fighting over that love seat each day. I'm thrilled about my order!

Thank YOU for the order! I'm going to get that sample or Scout Chocolate in the mail to you tomorrow - they have plenty of stock on that hide at H&M, so they will start in on the build pretty quickly and I would expect leather to be cut on it by the end of next week.
    Duane Collie

jchrestman Guest

Duane and Rafree1.

The couch and recliner in Milan Saddle look better today than when they arrived. The coloring has softened to the most inviting luxuriant brown. At the corner of the bottom of the legs of the couch, both front and side, have a fine chocolate (think hot cocoa) color change from the greater pull on the leather in those areas. It's what I had hoped for. Shame the leather is no longer available. Thanks again Duane. I hope you enjoy your new pieces Rafree1.

Regards,
    John
    Last edited by jchrestman; 08-31-2012 at 08:07 PM.