Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hancock and Moore # 8894G Gordon Glider Chair in Juno Soft Blue

Default Hancock and Moore # 8894G Gordon Glider Chair in Juno Soft Blue

I had a customer come in and knew what she wanted, to order a pair of these Gordon Gliders. She was at a friend's house and really liked them, and to be quite honest I can't remember the last time I sold one. To look at the H&M website photos, the chair looks not very inviting - smallish, not really supportive or pleasant to sit in. Plus, it rocks!

Her chairs arrived today and I unpacked them in anticipation of delivery this Saturday. I have to tell you - this is an excellent piece. It's compact and doesn't take up much room, but the sit is "big" and the way the back is designed it cradles you like a baseball mitt. Excellent support and very, very comfortable for me when I tried them out. Highly recommended if you have a space where a smaller chair is needed that's good enough to watch a 2-hour movie in without squirming. Nicely done, Hancock & Moore, a good chair.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0685.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	182.4 KB 
ID:	11931Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0683.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	185.3 KB 
ID:	11932Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0682.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	11933Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0684.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	180.8 KB 
ID:	11934
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock and Moore # 8894G Gordon Glider Chair in Juno Soft Blue

How do you think that would look in Tiburon blue?

It would terrific, much more interesting than Juno. You have to know what you’re getting into with Tiburon, however, since it’s an Italian wax/oil pull up leather and has those unique characteristics
    Duane Collie

Hello, I appreciate seeing real pictures of the Hancock and Moore products! I sat in a Gordon Glider years ago and was amazed at the comfort of the chair. I now have an opportunity to buy two chairs for a TV room and immediately thought of the Gordon chairs. The look of the tight back is more appealing but the dimensions are different so fear it will sit differently than the Gordon. Any advice on looks vs the sit? classic vs outdated? or maybe one larger Athens chair but then again the same questions exist! Thanks for the help

Dimensions will vary from one model to another but they are functionally the same chair. As they are handmade, its very common to see a one inch, inch there from one to another and they take dimensions off ones coming off the line rather than build drawings, hence the differences you can sometimes come across. Hancock & Moore doesn’t make uncomfortable chairs, so my advice would be to buy the style that appeals the most to you.
    Duane Collie

I am assuming you sat in both Gordon chair styles; which one did you personally prefer as a man sitting in a smaller chair vs a female? Do you recommend any other swivel gliders that feel better than these chairs in the H and M line? Because these chairs are smaller, I feel as though I need two to balance a long couch chaise combination. Would a certain color or pattern in a leather better suit this type of chair? I have owned H and M furniture before and appreciate the quality. Do you feel the gordon chair is a classic piece of furniture that you wont tire of?

I am not one to do comfort comparison recommendations, you will see that throughout most all my posts - it's too subjective. Cover choices are all dependent on your individual room decor and your individual tastes. If you like, you can post photos of your room here on the forum.
    Duane Collie

thank you for the above response. I have decided on two gordon gliders solely for its comfort. I have e sunny room and plan to have a chair very close to a large window. Wondering if fbabric is a better solution as fading is an major issue. Do you recomend an aniline protected leather series that would work. I love the feel pf the markle but the colors arent quite right. Also considered mohair with leather welting.... i have a large family of young adults that come and go . Any thoughts? really appreciate this forum!

If you don't have some kind of UV blocker on your windows, then the sun will deteriorate anything. It causes fabric to break down and leather to lose its color (along with hardwood floors, artwork, etc). There is nothing other than perhaps Sunbrella fabric (which has a UV inhibitor made into the fabric) that can well tolerate that environment. My suggestion if you don't have Low E windows in the room and there is significant sunlight is to have solar tint film applied to the windows (I have done this at both my home and at my store). Solar film will block over 90% of damaging UV rays and is not obtrusive. That may be something you want to consider. And Mohair is VERY expensive, doesn't sound like something you would want in a busy house with teens, its evey more than leather.
    Duane Collie

all good thoughts. I thought you said in past threads there are protected aniline leathers? if so, what is the name of that group of leathers/